What Are The Best Songs For Cheerleading Mix?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 27, 2014
We are needing a songs for our cheer mix. Pls. feel free to answer.

Opening:
Jumps:
Partner Stunts:
Toss:
Running Tumbling:
Pyramid:
Dance:

Our gym starts with a theme for example our Senior 4 is heroes then songs representative of the theme are included we tend not to go overboard with current songs, our dance is to "Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler.

Ask your kids. I ask my youth kids and they gave me a list of about 10-15. Of course they're all popular/mainstream and used in a lot of other routines (Applause, Roar, etc.), but if the kids want it in there, they're going to be more excited to hear the music. I put in 3 of their chosen songs and added in 2 others that went with the feel and they loved it.

I personally also love when teams have themed music. I find you can get some really creative music mixes then with a lot of songs that I wouldn't normally consider for cheer music.

My gym always opens with voiceovers which i think is pretty cool. Like this year my team is Senior Black and it startsout like "Get ready for the show. We are B-L-A-C-K and we've got something to say.Yeah, you think we're magic, but we're just that fantastic" because our gym is Cheer Magic. So i would open with something like that. Then for tumbling. something upbeat like Acting Out by Ashley Tisdale. Then for stunts and pyramid something slower, but still powerful like Hall of Fame. Then for dance something super fierce!

Latest posts

Back