Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which gym?

• Top Gun Naples

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rockstar Naples

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi!. I currently go to a small gym in Illinois and am moving to Naples Florida. There, they have a Top Gun and a newly opened Rockstar cheer. I cannot decided what gym to go to. My friends tell me to go to Top Gun because they are well known but Rockstar Naples has been winning lots lately. Please help!

Thanks!
To me, your reasons don't really matter. Have you visited both? Met the owner and some coaches? Have you tried to attend a practice or classes?

I agree with @KPep, do your research on both gyms by visiting, attending open gyms and tumbling classes at both gyms and then meet the Owner (s) and Coaches before deciding which gym is the best fit for your needs.

First thing popped in my head when you mentioned winning seasons, I wondered, if after joining this gym and the teams start to lose, are you going to stay or jump ship?.. Make your decision based on which gym you feeling the environment, gel with the people and have teams you can grow and develop your skills best with... So, to answer your question, Top Gun, hands down...Haha, just kidding!

I agree with @KPep, do your research on both gyms by visiting, attending open gyms and tumbling classes at both gyms and then meet the Owner (s) and Coaches before deciding which gym is the best fit for your needs.

First thing popped in my head when you mentioned winning seasons, I wondered, if after joining this gym and the teams start to lose, are you going to stay or jump ship?.. Make your decision based on which gym you feeling the environment, gel with the people and have teams you can grow and develop your skills best with... So, to answer your question, Top Gun, hands down...Haha, just kidding!

Good idea! Thanks so much!

Trust me when I say you can spend an entire season winning every single competition you enter and still have the least enjoyable season of your life that you will never wish to repeat. There is way too many other things to have winning as your only example.

That said, when you get here, visit the gyms, meet the people and then decide. Both gyms are amazing in their own right, but one might just be more amazing for YOU the athlete than the other and that is the better one for YOU to be at.

Bigger doesn't always mean better. There are some wonderful small gym programs out there that are not only affordable, but beat out big gym teams at many competitions. I've seen it happen. (just saying that in case you wanted to move because you're at a small gym) If they're more gyms in the Napels area I would look at those too. I really just want you to remember bigger isn't always better. Top Gun has been around longer (I believe) and they do have a good competition record and while being at a gym that wins is a good thing its not the only thing you want to look at.

Look at tuition, style of teaching, requirements to be on whatever team you make (higher level teams often times have very strict requirements) the number of comps etc. Picking a gym isn't all about who wins the most :)

Latest posts

Back