All-Star What Is Important To You At An Events?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some things I would like for a competition to have are:
-good production. nice stage lights, backdrop, priority seating.
-not too expensive spectator fee.
-good warmup area. not too cold! (yes, it is usually freezing in the warm-up areas in the winter!) also, please have a good stereo on the full-floor warm up mat. i can't even begin to tell you how many times i couldn't even warm up the routine very well because i couldn't hear our music.
-a first aid tent or something. i had to spend 10 minutes getting a bandaid at one competition.
-good judges. not ones that just pick the popular team. also can creativity be incorporated into the score sheets?
-no dumb participant gifts. i would rather see the money spent on those to give jackets or t-shirts to either the winning team or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
-if you need to waste time or are still calculating the scores before awards, please no dance party. i would rather see a jump-off or tumble-off. or nothing at all, just fast awards!

That is a great idea I think. But needs to wait for a universal scoresheet. Would raise the education of everyone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, a universal scoeresheet may not happen in the near future. :(

in no particular order:

~good sound system (volume, clarity)
~ample and tiered seating....like a movie theater so when you sit your not at the mercy of the big head gods.
~ON TIME!!!
~announcers that speak clearly and announce, 'in the hole, on deck' etc. if you don't want to pay $7 for a piece of paper, it'd be nice to know who's up next!
~keep divisions together. i have nothing against non senior or non level 5 teams, but i remember one comp it was L5, then 4.2, then 5 back and forth...annoying.
~GOOD photography. esp. if you can't take photos of your own add reasonably priced photos too.
~Reasonable entrance fees, some are just WAY to high and do not have a 'cash only' policy (ECDA at hershey this year, cash only, and only atm in the building was out of order, of course that was the first of many things wrong about that competition!)

nothing new to add really, i think we are all on the same page with this one!

The Loud Music gets to be a Bit too much while trying to give encouragement to your teamates throughout the routine but, otherwise,. I LOVE loud music!
Instead of cheerleaders receiving the metals i think it should be BOWS or PINS (for like a bookbag) The pins can be like worlds pins just representing the competion you went to. same with bows! its can be a symbol or the same colors as the competition.
Just An Option! :rolleyes:

I may be repeating but oh well :)
-on time
-good sound system, i've been to competitions where the music has skipped or stopped overall and then people start counting and then they all get out of sync and it's crazy
-short awards, we're all tired and ready to make the trip back home. plus we just wanna know what we worked hard for, the fun things are maybe okay for the little ones but for older kids it's like hurry up.
- i like when people do extra awards; best fans, choreography, etc. idk why but it's always nice to come home w/ something a little special.
-idk if you guys do, but make pictures so we can see them online. we can't really ever get pictures at the competition and we used to go to the websites. but none of the competitions pictures are online.
-announcers who don't drag out every letter. "wwweeelllcccooommmeee tttooo ttthhheee mmmaaattt iinn ttheee sennni-" Oh, the routines over.

I didn't take the time to read everyone's so I may repeat a few

-I like medals & Jackets when you win a national competition... especially jackets. Except they need to be better quality. I have a COA jacket I like the grand champs one :D!
-Other than division ranking awards should be given out.
- Awards don't need a bunch of added crap. Just get it over with. We've been there forever and the anticipation is a killer.
- FAIR JUDGING! please.. it's not fair to all the teams that have worked their tail off to lose to a more popular team.. just for that reason.
- Allow videoing.. people do it anyways and we need it for end of the year stuff :]
- Bags are cool athlete gifts.. infact they are the best!
- BOW VENDORS! <--- PLEASEEEE!

The feeling while youre on stage and it being serious and dramatic is the best! Also awards are really important cause thats the last thing we remember. Make them fun but also serious! I just live for the drama at competitons.

i love a competition that has a full warm up floor to practice on before competitons. I hate when just the running tumbling is sprung. HATE IT.

Hi everyone this is Dan Hawk and I am the new Brand Director for COA. We are really excited about some of our new innovative concepts for the upcoming season, and we'd love for you to check them out at http://www.coacheeranddance.com/Rebuilt/, but our one and only goal is to provide the best competitive experience we possibly can for you as athletes, coaches, and parents not just what we think you want. The best way I know how to do that is to get as much feedback as possible from.......... athletes, coaches, and parents...... What matters most to you at events? Do you love dark arenas with a lot of lights? Does the loud music get to be too much for parents who are watching for hours at a time? What type of competitor gifts do you like.......what kind of coaches gifts? I would very much like to start a conversation not only on how we can provide you the best experience available, but also why we as event producers do what we do. So give me any feedback you have, and also feel free to ask me any questions you have ever had on why events are run the way they are. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Hey DAN!!! Miss having you has our boss man of the judges stand!!! Excited for your new adventures at COA!!! See ya this season!

I love a competition that is overall fun to attend. I love competing so it means alot to me that everyone enjoys a competition. I have a crazy mom that thinks she knows it all. It's very hard to impress her when it comes to competitions. If shes happy about a specific competition then im happy.

Back