All-Star What Type Of Coach Do You Like?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wouldn't even know where to begin with our coaches because they are all so different! Their coaching style is a bit of the same but it does vary and reflects their personalities. There is that ONE coach in our gym that EVERYONE always strives to impress. Not that the kids don't work hard for their coaches but when this one coach is around, they definitely get more serious and push themselves even more.

Male coaches are awesome. One thing that I would like to see more of is an understanding that young female adolescents are hard-wired to cry. It doesn't mean females are weak or trying to manipulate. When young ladies fall and get hurt on the mat, they cry. It's how they release stress, it's how they deal with it emotionally. They don't just "rub a little dirt on it" like the male athletes are expected to do and move on. I would love to see a little more patience and understanding when it comes to this. (Note: I'm not saying all male coaches are like this - but it happens a lot.)

Only like 4 of us on a team of 12 actually work hard a practice and even then it's for ourselves and because of the money we pay to do cheer (I mean like this should be something to motivate everyone even if their coach is amazing :) ), and not because of our coach. The rest of the squad are for the majority of the time unmotivated and the coach doesn't do anything to correct that behaviour or teach in a way that was more strict to motivate each person and also they are certain people on the team who think they can get away with (and do get away with) not putting in full effort or just having sloppy technique because they are the coach's friend. I think because of all of this I would rather have a coach that was way more strict but has a great passion for the sport and for helping their athletes be the best that they can be, and it wouldn't really matter if they were female or male, but I would like to have a male coach to see if they teach any differently and whether they would push you more or not.

I hate coaches who yell. I know at time coaches need to yell but I hate when they yell at you for stupid reasons, like mental blocks. I know its frustrating as a coach to see an athlete that can throw a skill having problems doing that but yelling at them does nothing to help the situation.
I love my coach who I've had since 8th grade because she is fun but she knows when to crack down and get down to business. I think coaches need a good balance between the two.

Latest posts

Back