All-Star Working Jamfest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Staff for JAMfest Cheer and Dance Competitions

Has anyone ever worked Jamfest events before? I was just curious how this worked. If you should only click the competitions that are local to you or if Jamfest took care of your travel for the weekend. Also how well do they pay you for working the event and what you would be doing?

I worked a local one a few years back. I worked backstage telling the teams when to go on the floor. Some of the other people worked in warmups, selling apparel at the boots, and some even worked with the judges tallying scores or collecting papers. I don't remember how much they payed and since it was local they didn't pay travel.

I worked a local one a few years back. I worked backstage telling the teams when to go on the floor. Some of the other people worked in warmups, selling apparel at the boots, and some even worked with the judges tallying scores or collecting papers. I don't remember how much they payed and since it was local they didn't pay travel.

If you had to guess do you think they would pay you for traveling? And for two day competitions your hotel room?

Pretty sure they only pay for judges travel and hotel's...as with other support staff (merch...score runners...warm-up room) they use local people, our girls have worked Jamfest events in our area, if I remember correctly they paid $8 a hour and gave them a check at the end of the day.

I worked one when they hosted a competition on my college campus. You had to fill out tax forms and they mailed you a check (I think, this was like 8 years ago, it's possibly as1rico is correct). I believe they paid you a flat amount per day and it was a longggg day. More than 12 hours for a smallish local.

They probably won't pay for your travel or accomodations, they just find local people to use. In our case reaching out to the cheer team at the college they were having their event at.

Pretty sure they only pay for judges travel and hotel's...as with other support staff (merch...score runners...warm-up room) they use local people, our girls have worked Jamfest events in our area, if I remember correctly they paid $8 a hour and gave them a check at the end of the day.

I worked one when they hosted a competition on my college campus. You had to fill out tax forms and they mailed you a check (I think, this was like 8 years ago, it's possibly as1rico is correct). I believe they paid you a flat amount per day and it was a longggg day. More than 12 hours for a smallish local.

They probably won't pay for your travel or accomodations, they just find local people to use. In our case reaching out to the cheer team at the college they were having their event at.

Thanks for letting me know! I was just curious how it all worked :)

Back