Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WWYD running pass?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 15, 2013
CP standing pass is standing tuck.

WWYD for tryout running pass?
-nice running layout. Vanilla
-multiple combo punch front, FWO, or side aerial thru to tuck some type of tuck tumble out, or single skills only front punch step out, barani, arabian, front aerial. These are cp's prettiest and somehow show a little Flavor, not connected to layout yet

What level is she hoping to make, and how strict are the tryouts? At our gym, level 4 would be questionable with just the layout. She would need to have ALL other skills routine ready and bring something to the table. Is there the opportunity for her to try for both levels?

@CheerMom25
She'd like 4. With her gym, she'll prob be placed depending what stunting is needed, especially being in the magical age range to do Y/Jr/Sr :)

Just curious what thought process others use to decide, they have workouts leading up to tryouts but only one pass on the day.

If she has all of her other level 4 skills routine ready I would likely say throw the lay. If she is more likely to make 3, then a level 3 combo pass. I don't know how it works other places, but we are in a smallish gym and tryouts are really just a formality for returning kids, and not something to stress about. The coaches know the kids, know what they are capable of, and have an idea of where they will place them already. I don't think the one pass will make or break her level placement, especially if this isn't anew gym for her. What she did for the past season and what she is doing in workouts now carries more weight.

I would show the layout even if its not connected to other skills yet (Im assuming she's doing RO BH to Layout) . Its her Level 4 skill and a pretty one will show them her potential. Even if she does a beautiful specialty pass to tuck, it is more high level 3. We're in the same boat. My CP is at the beginning of Level 5 tumbling skills (actually for about a year... another story :eek:) but a great Level 5 flyer - so as much as I've been trying to get her to throw in some other things to her running full, its just not going to happen in time. lol So I think she's just going to throw it and if they ask for a specialty pass, she'll have to throw it to layout. It is what it is. ;)

Back