All-Star 2011-2012 Try-outs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Forgot to put what cp loves about tryouts...
Making new friends, learning new stunts, new practice clothes, fun summer practices, team swim parties :)

Luckily we don't have a problem with the summer attendance!

im a great stunner! and my attitude isnt really a problem. the people putting me on the teams have never met me before. its only because im short.
u shouldnt assume that it's b/c your short. unless the coaches making the teams came up to you and told you this...

they told me.
When a girl doesn't make my team I offer them an opportunity to ask what they can work on for next year. I had one girl who did great, but ultimately she was barely 4 feet tall and maybe 70 lbs and I already had too many flyers. The only thing I had for her to work on was pointing her toes in her jumps. The girl made my team the next year and while talking one day I heard her tell someone the reason she didn't make the team the year before is because she had flexed feet in her toetouch. Poor girl went a whole year just thinking those flexed feet held her back. Sometimes height, weight, etc play a big part in putting together groups and if you're short and they needed a taller base to go with someone, you get cut. Don't take it personally, just try to improve and come back stronger. I never had to get onto that girl for not pointing her toes ever again, so use it as a chance to improve!

Back