All-Star 2011-2012 Try-outs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bad thing about try-outs.....athletes who throw everything they have to get on the team they want, then never throwing it again and still staying on the team.
This is EXACTLY what I was going to say! I absolutely can't stand it. Why even bother if you're going to get yourself onto a team, and then stand in the back the entire time and not throw anything?

no. definitely not the only one:p

omg I thought I was the only one who felt this way .__. But I agree completely. You're just like, go away and give me my old team back!! And worse than that, is when you're on a senior level team, and your seniors graduate and you want to cry because they're gone for good :(

Love- seeing new crazy things that are going to be awesome! cp gets a chance to test things out because of her height! She says that she gets to be the test drive to see how hard it is because she's so small on her teams.
Hate- when your cp is the new one on the squad and hard for her to make friends (happens a lot with her), summer attendance even though were gone a little too lol.

Hate- messing up the routine-ness and having new people come in. I like new people it's just when they first come it feels like they're intruding on your already close knit group. Am I the only one?

isnt being a part of being a cheerleader , the ability to accept everyone and not be all clique-like? its happened to me a few times before, people never put themselves in the 'new kids' shoes. you should next time.

hate that I might be out of town during tryouts and if so have to do a private tryout and have no idea all the guys your up against for a spot on the team. it sucks not knowing

from a coaches perspective

LOVE- getting new athletes that have great attitudes, adding new teams, seeing kids throw lots of new skills, seeing kids move up a level, camp
HATE- summer attendance, kids who join only because their best friend is doing it and not because they actually want to cheer, choosing teams, disappointing people who want to be one level put we cant put them on that level, parents who think they can do a better job in picking teams than i can,

LOVE: it feels like a whole new start to things! no stress. and new people to meet
HATE: terrible summer attendance, HEAT, conditioning, feeling like you have to relearn everything, you have to learn to trust new people.

love- surprising your coaches with a new skill (hoping this can be me after i come back from woodward west!!), crazy new stunts, doing everything just for fun, team bonding/activities

hate- going over all the basics: motions, jumps, the new girls from other gyms who refuse to break their bad habits, the girls that are stand offish and clique-y, the girls that get mad over a correction to them

i threw a running double and got put on a senior level 3 team?
also did jumps to tuck.

we sure do. i would name the gym but if i do then people are going to automatically assume that what i say reflects my program.

are you a good stunter? and how is your attitude? i know my old gym said level 5 is something that has to be earned and its not given just because you have a full.

are you a good stunter? and how is your attitude? i know my old gym said level 5 is something that has to be earned and its not given just because you have a full.
im a great stunner! and my attitude isnt really a problem. the people putting me on the teams have never met me before. its only because im short.

Back