All-Star 2011 Worlds Packet - "gym Hopping Athletes" - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

O....M.....G.....It's not a hard rule to understand ya'll. If you have competed with a gym and leave that gym for another gym and want to compete at worlds with that gym, you have to get a waiver. What team you competed with at your first gym doesn't matter.

O....M.....G.....It's not a hard rule to understand ya'll. If you have competed with a gym and leave that gym for another gym and want to compete at worlds with that gym, you have to get a waiver. What team you competed with at your first gym doesn't matter.
Nor does it matter when you competed with them or when you left or when the other team got the bid.

Its for the entire 2010-2011 season. So it starts with the first competition in fall of 2010 and ends with Worlds.

The way this is worded, there shouldn't be many gray areas. When in doubt, get a waiver!

Nor does it matter when you competed with them or when you left or when the other team got the bid.

Its for the entire 2010-2011 season. So it starts with the first competition in fall of 2010 and ends with Worlds.

The way this is worded, there shouldn't be many gray areas. When in doubt, get a waiver!
And if they refuse to release you, tough cookies. You don't have to stay and compete with Gym A anymore, you just can't compete with Gym B. So simple.

And it may not be fair to Susie. But this will teach responsibility to those it affects quickly. There are not many reasons to leave anywhere on bad terms.

And it may not be fair to Susie. But this will teach responsibility to those it affects quickly. There are not many reasons to leave anywhere on bad terms.

We actually left on good terms. I thought. Been gone for four months. They kept my money they told me would be refunded and now they have my kid too. They have cut off all contact.

The contract/rule doesn't hold up in court.. If the gym owner abuses there power or won't sign the release, you can take it to court and they will have to sign it.

I'm not sure the wording is as clear as I would like (I think King said something similar), but I would say the athlete would not be eligible. But I'm not making the decision.
I would think they would not be eligible because they would not be on TGs list of alternates
(or am i misunderstanding when the list of alternates/subs is required to be submitted?)

I would think they would not be eligible because they would not be on TGs list of alternates
(or am i misunderstanding when the list of alternates/subs is required to be submitted?)

I think the only people that need to submit a list of alternates is level 6 - and that's because of the new changes passed last week for open 6 teams. Otherwise, your alternates/subs are only listed on your Worlds registration packet as far as I know.

APX had to sign a release form at their last competition (which was a bid competition) for an athlete that switched to Desert Storm after storm already had an at large bid. Was the release so that he could be apart of that at large bid, or was it so he could win the partial paid that competition was offering? I'm a little confused.

APX had to sign a release form at their last competition (which was a bid competition) for an athlete that switched to Desert Storm after storm already had an at large bid. Was the release so that he could be apart of that at large bid, or was it so he could win the partial paid that competition was offering? I'm a little confused.

A release from a prior gym is needed to compete on a Worlds eligible team. Has nothing to do to make an athlete eligible for a bid earned before they cheered at the gym.

Back