All-Star 2011 Worlds Packet - "gym Hopping Athletes" - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

if random team was in a worlds division, then yes.

Open Cheer 6 can or cannot be a worlds division, depending on if they are giving bids.

Open Cheer 6 can or cannot be a worlds division, depending on if they are giving bids.
but if its specifically not a worlds division? cuz its a once in awhile team...? so if its not, then u dont need a waiver?

For this year, if an athlete has competed at Gym A (on any team) and wants to compete at Gym B on a Worlds team, they must get a waiver. No exceptions.

I don't understand the question.
In my example earlier in the thread --
I'm curious how it works for an athlete that moves to a team after a Worlds bid has been accepted.

For Example: Susie moves from L.A. to Miami (her parents like the sun) and she becomes a member of TG. TG received a bid earlier in the season, is she eligible for Worlds with TG?

Since TG received a bid in december, can they add an athlete from California today, as long as they have the required waiver?

What if a gym says there regular season is over and the gym did not receive a bid.Do you still need a waiver?

So from what he said, doesn't matter, if u compete with ANY team that season and u go to a different gym on a worlds team, u need a waiver, like he said. No Exceptions.

In my example earlier in the thread --

Since TG received a bid in december, can they add an athlete from California today, as long as they have the required waiver?

I'm not sure the wording is as clear as I would like (I think King said something similar), but I would say the athlete would not be eligible. But I'm not making the decision.

What if a gym says there regular season is over and the gym did not receive a bid.Do you still need a waiver?

Yes. Bid is irrelevant. Competing is relevant.

What if the kid leaving was on a Senior Open 5 team? A Non-Worlds bid division? Would they be able to leave gym A and compete for Gym B on a World's Bid division team without a Waiver...

We have a couple of kids leave a program that were previously on an Sr open 5 team and want to compete with us on a Senior 5 Worlds division team...

Does this rule apply in this manner as well?

Thanks

What if the kid leaving was on a Senior Open 5 team? A Non-Worlds bid division? Would they be able to leave gym A and compete for Gym B on a World's Bid division team without a Waiver...

We have a couple of kids leave a program that were previously on an Sr open 5 team and want to compete with us on a Senior 5 Worlds division team...

Does this rule apply in this manner as well?

Thanks

Please read the rest of the thread before posting... its less than 2 pages.... if u read the thread, u woulda seen that ACEDAD said:
For this year, if an athlete has competed at Gym A (on any team) and wants to compete at Gym B on a Worlds team, they must get a waiver. No exceptions.

and as i asked, somewhat similar

but then Gym B offers to Suzie to be on a Worlds team at their gym since team A isn't a worlds team, does she need a waiver?

yes they need a waiver

How long does a gym owner have to respond to a waiver? What if the refuse to communicate.

Good question. But the gym doesnt have to release u, that's y they came up with all of this, if they refuse to communicate, then guess ur outta luck

Back