All-Star 2012-2013 Cheer Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 22, 2011
We are searching for a new gym and I was shocked to see how much tuition is at some gyms. So, how much is your gym charging for tuition only? This doesn't include unis, practice clothes, choreography, etc. Just the tuition.

We are searching for a new gym and I was shocked to see how much tuition is at some gyms. So, how much is your gym charging for tuition only? This doesn't include unis, practice clothes, choreography, etc. Just the tuition.

It is a great question but you can't even lump it together by saying tuition only. At some gyms "tuition" actually covers mandatory tumbling classes. I have also seen a few that make everything one monthly payment because they lump uniforms and competition fees all into it & just say tuition covers everything. So I think you would be better off breaking down every fee a gym charges to see what gyms are super expensive and what are not.

At out old gym CCE in TN
Tiny and Mini's were $50 a month tuition which covered 2 practices a week for 1 hr each
Youth was $85 a month tuition which covered 2 practices a week for 2 hours each
Jr & Sr was $100 a month which covered 2 practices a week for 3 hours each.

They gave you a free stretch class for 1 hour a week and it was mandatory for all flyers.
They also gave a free strength class for 1 hour a week for anyone who wanted to attend.

If you were on a team you could do an optional tumbling class for 1 hr a week for $25 extra on your tuition.

Uniforms $300
Warm-up $100
Bow $20
Music $20
Choreography $100
Coaches Fees $150
Shoes $60
Make-up $15
All our competition fees we only went to 3 were like $200 total
Awards $5

At our new gym in Tx
Which we just moved here so I may be off on some of the fees but

Tuition is $150
If you are a flyer you have to pay for an extra class of $50
It includes a tumbling class when the school year rolls around but I pay $50 for a tumbling class until then.

So for right now total for me I'm paying $250 a month

Uniform $300
Shoes $70
Bra $25
Bow $10
Make up $15
Warm up $125
- our old gym spaced it out which is why we got our uniforms 2 days after our first competition :( (Varsitys fault)
But this gym wants all this on May 14th so yay for them being on top of things!

June 1st-
Choreo $300

June 15th-
Practice Wear $175

July, August, & Sept. 1st
Estimated $325 each of those months and these cover all competitions.
They go to 10 or 11 yay!!!!!

So just for me alone it is a huge different in fees and but it depends on the gym. I'm honestly very happy and ok with paying more especially when you receive more.

Btw, I'm sorry I know you asked for tuition only I just know of more a few that lump it all together!!

i think our gym currently charges $150/month to new comers, I think if you're a returning athlete your fee is locked into whatever price it was you started. So, some may pay less. This does not include the mandatory stretch/conditioning class for flyers that's an extra fee per month.

I will also say, that if that was all lumped into a year round monthly fee, it'd probably be close to $300/month

i think our gym currently charges $150/month to new comers, I think if you're a returning athlete your fee is locked into whatever price it was you started. So, some may pay less. This does not include the mandatory stretch/conditioning class for flyers that's an extra fee per month.

Lol Jealous if you pay less!! Just kidding- I love this gym they could charge an extra 200$ a month and I would find it somewhere to pay it!

Our tuition is about 85 I think. Im on two teams, but Im not sure of the crossover fee. I don't think it was that much in addition. This includes Two-two hour routine practices per team per week, with some extra practices when there's holidays/comps/school events. This also includes a 1 hour tumbling class for each team. There's also an optional monday night tumbling which is like 10 more a month. This was when many people from other gyms came and tumbled with our amazing coaches, lol ;) we get a LOT for what we pay compared to the ridiculous 450 a month gyms. (no offense to anyone!)
so added together I had 8-10 routine hours a week and 2 tumbling hours.

These are the Costs for ACX in the 2012-2013 season! (most people do not buy the make up kit though)
2cmum2t.png

I like the idea of all-inclusive pricing, but I can see how many parents can choke at the costs per month when they're not aware that each competition costs around $50 (or a lot more, especially for two-day comps) per child, and choreographers and music costs are... out of this world (*not saying that these choreographers and music-creators are not professionals or don't deserve their fees, just, wooo, they're expensive). I know new parents are thrown a ton of information at once, but I wonder if a more thorough breakdown of costs, especially external costs, might make tuition seem not so crazy.

I just have to say, though, that I hate when gyms have a $300 (or more) registration fee and don't say why (as in, choreo/music/etc are included in other fees - what is this registration fee for? Insurance can't cost $300 per kid. Someone enlighten me.)

Our gym is $50 for tiny/mini (2 hrs a week) $75 for youth (4 hrs a week) and $115 for jr/sr (6 hours a week). Your first child is full price, second is half off, third and beyond is free. We also have 3 hrs of free open gym a week. :)

At my gym (White Lightning Allstars) the cost for tuition only is $130 per month

We have whats called a payment plan where you pay $240 per month and that includes tuition, choreography camp, skill camp, & all competition fee's. If you are a crossover like my CP is then we are paying $272.50 per month to cover the extra cost of crossover fee's at competitions.

As with any sport with tuition, it sometimes feels like you are giving them all you have but that is the price you pay for your kids to excel at their talents!!!

Our gym is $50 for tiny/mini (2 hrs a week) $75 for youth (4 hrs a week) and $115 for jr/sr (6 hours a week). Your first child is full price, second is half off, third and beyond is free. We also have 3 hrs of free open gym a week. :)

Wow! That's really inexpensive!

At the gym I wish I could cheer for, they do the all inclusive monthly payments, but spread out differently through out the year. The first four months you pay $350, then there's another two where you pay $325, then it does down to $275, then the last few months are the $125 gym tuition only. All cheerleaders are allowed to attend any tumbling classes they want for free as well, which they offer hour long classes twice a day, four days a week.

Back