All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wasn't there a made-for-tv movie called Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal?
While I am excited as always to see what the whole team brings this season, if I were a parent of a non-Fab 5 I'm not sure I would feel good about the graduating seniors being singled out over the whole team.

Yeah... the Fab 5 is also what they called the 91 basketball recruiting class at University of Michigan, Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard etc... there was a great documentary on them and their parlay into the NBA... Originally the "Fierce 5" were called that (2012 Olympic Gymnast)....but then they changed to Fierce 5 because of the original Fab 5.

Anyway, I think its great that they're recognizing the 5 girls that have been on all 3 world championship teams and their leadership role on the team. I'm sure its not intended to single them out for any other intent.

Wasn't there a made-for-tv movie called Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal?
While I am excited as always to see what the whole team brings this season, if I were a parent of a non-Fab 5 I'm not sure I would feel good about the graduating seniors being singled out over the whole team.
I disagree. I think being a graduating senior is the ultimate reason to receive special recognition.

- Weighting of the two days was 40/60 which I thought was great. There was a lot of movement in scoring and teams that were in 1st day one definitely didn't always come up on top on day 2. We had 30 points of legality deductions on day 1, but only 1.5 for a bobble on day 2 and managed to still place 1st in our division.

- We had a US world's judge flown out for the event (which was awesome!) but her legalities scoring was very tough! On day 1 we received 30 points of violations, as did many other teams (mostly for base grips), and we had to go to the gym on Sunday morning to completely rework some stunts. I know we weren't the only squad that had to make significant changes before day 2, but I loved the opportunity to get to do that.

I competed in QLD and we had the same problem! 15 points of legalities on Day 1, so emergency reworking of stunts on Sunday morning ;) I loved the competition though, and I'd honestly prefer to be scored tough!

We get you are obviously proud of Kelsey, but by posting in this thread it seems more like you are trying to promote her cheer status rather than brag like a proud parent. Please use this thread Cheer - Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!! | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer to brag and show how proud you are.

although I appreciate your advice to him about posting in the proper thread, I do think you may have crossed the line with the statement, "...it seems like you are trying to promote her cheer status rather than brag like a proud parent". Maybe I'm just naive but it just seemed to me that he was posting videos in a video thread, nothing more. :oops:

although I appreciate your advice to him about posting in the proper thread, I do think you may have crossed the line with the statement, "...it seems like you are trying to promote her cheer status rather than brag like a proud parent". Maybe I'm just naive but it just seemed to me that he was posting videos in a video thread, nothing more. :oops:
Maybe I did cross a line but since he has also posted the same video (not this one) in multiple threads and created new threads just for Kelsey's videos figured would let him know what it looks like and if in fact he is just bragging there is a thread already established.

Over the last few months he has posted several times and has started several threads just to post a video (often one he had already posted in another thread) of his daughter. It has gone beyond the scope of proud parent and is a bit concerning IMO.

We get you are obviously proud of Kelsey, but by posting in this thread it seems more like you are trying to promote her cheer status rather than brag like a proud parent. Please use this thread Cheer - Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!! | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer to brag and show how proud you are.

Look Man! I've been told not post in other threads and to post in this one, and now not to post here. I am going to do what I want and if you nothing good to say than don't say anything at all. Because if I had someone here telling me what I can and can't do I would punch them in the mouth!!!!

Back