OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Man these returners are living on the struggle bus! Cullen jones missed out and Matt grevers barely snuck in the last spot of the 100 free semis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the US medal podium outfits today, not sure if that's the right word, but they look awesome!!! I love the Olympics and I'm so excited to watch and see how everything plays out.

Also, the USA has some very attractive swimmers haha
Found the outfits you were referring to, nice work by Nike:

Phelps skipped 100m free this morning to focus on the 200 fly tonight. He's over a second faster than the next finals qualifier....lol. He's also already pulled out of the 200m free. Leaves him with only three total events. 200 fly, 100 fly and the 200 IM.

Tonight he swims for Rio in the 200 fly. There's also the finals of the womens 200 free (Katie Ledecky slay) and the womens 200 IM (Maya DiRado slay)

Overall it continues to be an incredible year for newcomers!

Last edited:
So on Snapchat's discover page (I think Daily Mail but not 100% sure) there was an article about Rio, and the buildings. Well, you guys don't need to worry about swimming or gymnastics, because the only building that is complete is handball. That's pretty scary considering we're like 5ish weeks out from the games and nearly all the venues bar one aren't even ready yet. Has there ever been an Olympics when the buildings weren't ready?

Phelps makes it five!!!

Also, Missy Franklin is finally in! She's qualified right behind Katie Ledecky in the 200 free.
So happy for all of them. Made my son come in and watch Phelps swim because at this point every chance one gets to see him swim should be taken.

On another note I was really happy to see they got Boomer a pair of headphones! I was thinking watching him yesterday how loud it just be in there especially when his dad's heat came up.

So on Snapchat's discover page (I think Daily Mail but not 100% sure) there was an article about Rio, and the buildings. Well, you guys don't need to worry about swimming or gymnastics, because the only building that is complete is handball. That's pretty scary considering we're like 5ish weeks out from the games and nearly all the venues bar one aren't even ready yet. Has there ever been an Olympics when the buildings weren't ready?

I know Sochi was still very much under construction at the games, but I think it was more the dormitory-style lodging for the athletes that wasn't done, not all of the venues for the actual sports. EEk.

Someone on Twitter said that this year is "going to make Sochi look responsible and dignified by comparison."
Kind of scary that they're still not done.
Weren't they just asking for more $$ so they could complete some of the venues? I'm truly concerned for the well being of the athletes.

I just started. The best thing so far is that I learned one of the best divers in the USA is named Steele Johnson :D lol
He was SO SO CUTE when he qualified for diving! His synchro partner is David Boudia (and it was kind of a given that he would go) but he was BOOHOOing when he qualified. His family was so great.

If Rio isn't ready on time, what happens? I can't imagine world class coaches and athletes being okay with sprinting on a track with holes, or swimmers in a pool that is the wrong temperature, gymnasts on shoddy equipment, unsafe housing, etc. It would be like Mat Gate times 1000.

If Rio isn't ready on time, what happens? I can't imagine world class coaches and athletes being okay with sprinting on a track with holes, or swimmers in a pool that is the wrong temperature, gymnasts on shoddy equipment, unsafe housing, etc. It would be like Mat Gate times 1000.
Just imagine how much chaos that would cause. TV broadcasting deals, tourism, travel plans to Rio, not to mention the athletes probably have detailed timed training and eating plans; messing up their preparation schedule could change who medals.
Matgate was chaos in the Cheerleading world (probably like 0.0001% of the population) but Olympics? That would affect nearly the whole world in some way, to varying degrees. If I was an athlete I would be feeling super anxious right now.

Back