All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We just had a girl leave this week who is just of age for Worlds, has never done stunting above 3 but does have whip tumbling to full. Another gym, a good 45 min in good traffic, offered her a worlds team and boom she s gone. She came to our gym this last season with barely a tuck. Was put on Restricted team this season to learn 5 stunting, but that wasn't good enough! Coach is crushed! I would of NEVER guessed this mom would of jumped ship! In her words " her daughter has never been happier". U never know the motives of people.

It sounds crazy but I think there is also potential to divert talent from "middle" levels like Youth or Junior 4 (or even 3.)

Think of how many gyms are so pressed to field a Worlds team that they've put together a Senior 5 that technically should be R5, Senior 4, or even 3.

Slap a Worlds team label on Y5 and I wonder how many gyms will opt to put together Y5s in lieu of a solid Level 3 or 4 team in order to chase that Worlds bid.

I think you're right, but..
Y5 is nearly nonexistent, only four teams have declared themselves so far for the 15-16 season. I'd love to see a way to create more teams, but allowing them to compete at worlds is never gonna happen.

Y5 is nearly nonexistent, only four teams have declared themselves so far for the 15-16 season. I'd love to see a way to create more teams, but allowing them to compete at worlds is never gonna happen.

I agree. Adding Y5 to Worlds is not a way to solve this problem. I think the 10+/12+ bottom for the Sr division is what created it. Raise the Sr age to 13 or 14 and you will start seeing a lot more J5 and Y5 athletes.

As a Y5 mom- going to agree with everything said here! I am totally okay with Y5 staying as a Summit division. Now if we can just get @littlestALLSTAR to bring her team so our kids could hang out!

We just had a girl leave this week who is just of age for Worlds, has never done stunting above 3 but does have whip tumbling to full. Another gym, a good 45 min in good traffic, offered her a worlds team and boom she s gone. She came to our gym this last season with barely a tuck. Was put on Restricted team this season to learn 5 stunting, but that wasn't good enough! Coach is crushed! I would of NEVER guessed this mom would of jumped ship! In her words " her daughter has never been happier". U never know the motives of people.
We just got a girl on our worlds team who has specialty to full from another gym. They put her on a junior 3 team there, while less skilled, more favored athletes were placed on higher levels, so I can understand why she left. Everyone has to do whats best for their child, not whats best for the gym. It is a business after all and you are paying to be there, if another place offers a more desirable service or better fit for your child, then its your choice where to spend your money.

We just got a girl on our worlds team who has specialty to full from another gym. They put her on a junior 3 team there, while less skilled, more favored athletes were placed on higher levels, so I can understand why she left. Everyone has to do whats best for their child, not whats best for the gym. It is a business after all and you are paying to be there, if another place offers a more desirable service or better fit for your child, then its your choice where to spend your money.
Just because a kid has more skills than people on higher teams it doesn't mean those kids with less skills are being favored.

My child while on j3 last season had specialty thru to full and a standing 1 bhs full. She also has jumps to back.

There are kids on our 5 that can't even full, kids who can't do jumps to back but contributed in other ways.

Yes it sucked knowing my kid could out tumble half of them but I know my kid couldn't out base, out fly, out jump, or out dance some of those same kids.

There was a girl from my daughters j3 that was pulled up the last practice before cheersport as a talented flyer from our 5 tore her acl at practice .. They needed someone that could come in and fly center stunt and hit that as good as a center flyer. The girl didn't do jumps to back and since she filled in for a girl that had a sanding bhs full and a toe 2 to full they just had the fill in throw the skills with a tuck.

Had my kid of been a talented flyer (she was just as small as this girl) they could of used her instead.. And she could of done all the tumbling. But a flyer who was lacking in flying skills was not point flyer material on a level 5 stunt even though she could do all the tumbling of the injured girl.

So sometimes it is what is best for the team. Just because you are on a lower level does not mean you aren't as talented as some of the kids on a higher level team and it doesn't mean your gym as holding you back. Maybe there are other skills they want u to possess to move on and contribute to their team and that's ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because a kid has more skills than people on higher teams it

So sometimes it is what is best for the team. Just because you are on a lower level does not mean you aren't as talented as some of the kids on a higher level team and it doesn't mean your gym as holding you back. Maybe there are other skills they want u to possess to move on and contribute to their team and that's ok!

I am sure that is sometimes the case, but not always. I am not just talking about tumbling. I have seen stunt groups switched around until a particular girl could stay up and was comfortable and everyone else just had to deal even if a bigger flyer needed the bigger bases, didn't have the stunting or tumbling skills. Whats best for the team is not always best for the athlete.

I am sure that is sometimes the case, but not always. I am not just talking about tumbling. I have seen stunt groups switched around until a particular girl could stay up and was comfortable and everyone else just had to deal even if a bigger flyer needed the bigger bases, didn't have the stunting or tumbling skills. Whats best for the team is not always best for the athlete.
I've seen this too. Reality is it happens. Gyms and coaches really do sometimes cater to certain athletes at the expense of others. A local gym is reaping the consequences of doing so this season by losing about 1/3 of their athletes to other programs. They were not the "favored ones" and weren't getting what they needed from the program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c7c9ce33010928e136288e53ecd8d5d7.jpg

Mesh and rhinestones... if it weren't for the lighting and the flag in the background this might be mistaken for a cheer photo LOL.

Last edited:
I've seen this too. Reality is it happens. Gyms and coaches really do sometimes cater to certain athletes at the expense of others. A local gym is reaping the consequences of doing so this season by losing about 1/3 of their athletes to other programs. They were not the "favored ones" and weren't getting what they needed from the program.

its sad... bc that 1/3 who left were probably just as talented if not more and could have really contributed to the team if given a fair chance. It only makes sense to go somewhere else where they get what they need. Although I will agree, it may look like a move to a differ gym is made to get a "better" team or the coveted flyer spot.... thats not always the case. Yes favoritism happens... but we as the consumer have a choice to accept it or try our luck somewhere else.

its sad... bc that 1/3 who left were probably just as talented if not more and could have really contributed to the team if given a fair chance. It only makes sense to go somewhere else where they get what they need. Although I will agree, it may look like a move to a differ gym is made to get a "better" team or the coveted flyer spot.... thats not always the case. Yes favoritism happens... but we as the consumer have a choice to accept it or try our luck somewhere else.
Exactly. Many of those that left were talented kids that could have contributed can, but we're tired of being pushed aside for the special Susie's.

Back