All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wasn't, actually. Worlds should be all level 5 athletes.
oops. I assumed cause the one person was complaining that level 1s were at the summit. to be clear, all level 5, no level 6? Or all ages of 5, plus 6?

I can see where you're coming from but I hope youth and junior never come to worlds. especially youth. 1 worlds is already out of control with teams attending and 2, with no age limit on open, having kids as young as 7 around full grown men and women over 30 doesn't sit right with me. just my opinion

oops. I assumed cause the one person was complaining that level 1s were at the summit. to be clear, all level 5, no level 6? Or all ages of 5, plus 6?

I can see where you're coming from but I hope youth and junior never come to worlds. especially youth. 1 worlds is already out of control with teams attending and 2, with no age limit on open, having kids as young as 7 around full grown men and women over 30 doesn't sit right with me. just my opinion
I agree about not having Y5 at Worlds, but they're with those open teams at every other comp during the season so that wouldn't be any different. My thing is more that if a kid wins Worlds at 7, they may feel that there is nothing left for them to do in the sport and quit.

All ages of 5, plus 6. And like what @luv2cheer92 said, it's not like open teams and tiny teams compete at different competitions all year. They're all at NCA and to the best of my knowledge nobody has been harmed by this.

I am not saying Y5 and J5 should be added to Worlds, but... Open teams compete all year at the same competitions as tiny, mini, youth, and junior teams... Many coaches are over the age of 30. As are the parents that attend these competitions with their children. I don't see how keeping Y5 and J5 out of Worlds would prevent kids in these age divisions from being around full grown men and women...

And there are nowhere near the amount of Y5 and J5 teams as there are teams competing in the divisions already represented at Worlds....

I agree about not having Y5 at Worlds, but they're with those open teams at every other comp during the season so that wouldn't be any different. My thing is more that if a kid wins Worlds at 7, they may feel that there is nothing left for them to do in the sport and quit.

There is already a "race to Level 5" trend going on with younger and younger athletes and their parents.

Put Y5 at Worlds and Suzy's mom is going to have Suzy in privates for her BHS before her umbilical cord is severed.

^^^^It definitely could be. You're welcome to start it as I don't have a dog in the Y5 fight (no kids that age!) Do you have any thoughts on the topic of making it a Worlds division?

There is already a "race to Level 5" trend going on with younger and younger athletes and their parents.

Put Y5 at Worlds and Suzy's mom is going to have Suzy in privates for her BHS before her umbilical cord is severed.

While I don't think Y5 should be at Worlds, I would love to see J5 back at Worlds. This goes back to raising the bottom age for the Sr. division. There are already athletes competing on Sr. Worlds teams that could (age-wise) compete on a J5 team. I think they should add J5 back to Worlds, raise the bottom age limit for Sr. Worlds teams to meet the top age limit for the Jr. Division, and then put a bottom age limit on J5 Worlds teams. Putting a bottom on this hypothetical J5 Worlds division would hopefully keep SOME of the SM's from pushing their youth-aged kids too hard too soon.

I was thinking of more of the Monday night of worlds when referring to the age difference. I haven't been to NCA so not sure if it's similar I just feel like there's a lot more drinking going on there than any other competition

^^^^It definitely could be. You're welcome to start it as I don't have a dog in the Y5 fight (no kids that age!) Do you have any thoughts on the topic of making it a Worlds division?
IMO, there is zero merit to even considering having y5s at worlds. The division is restricted for all the right reasons. NCA and Summit are excellent showcases for these teams, leave well enough alone. Give the cheer babies something to work towards and look forward to.

IMO, there is zero merit to even considering having y5s at worlds. The division is restricted for all the right reasons. NCA and Summit are excellent showcases for these teams, leave well enough alone. Give the cheer babies something to work towards and look forward to.

It sounds crazy but I think there is also potential to divert talent from "middle" levels like Youth or Junior 4 (or even 3.)

Think of how many gyms are so pressed to field a Worlds team that they've put together a Senior 5 that technically should be R5, Senior 4, or even 3.

Slap a Worlds team label on Y5 and I wonder how many gyms will opt to put together Y5s in lieu of a solid Level 3 or 4 team in order to chase that Worlds bid.

Latest posts

Back