OT Act Test?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 21, 2010
I have to take this extremely stressful test tomorrow bright and early in the morning... -____- Any tips?!

I don't have any tips on the test itself (I didn't do well on my ACT, I did way better in comparison on the SAT), but I wanted to share my ACT story hahaha. I woke up 20 minutes before the test started, had to pick up my friend and drive 30 miles to the testing location, and managed to fall asleep at the end of each section. So I'm sure you'll be much more successful than I was! Hahaha :)

As far as the test-taking process goes, get there early, bring several pencils & other testing supplies, pace yourself, & make educated guesses when you aren't sure of an answer.

I'm not sure what the deduction is for missed/blank questions, but I believe it's different than the SAT - i think the penalty for leaving an answer blank is less than marking the wrong answer but definitely check! Good luck to you :)

its beyond easier than the SATs IMO but my tip is get a lot of sleep and you should be fine. its really isn't that hard! hahah but like @sophieann said above there isn't a penalty for leaving them blank but it doesn't hurt to guess either:) good luck tomorrow!

ooh, good luck!

i took the ACT too, and did much better on it than i did on my SAT. the biggest tip i have is to watch the time! i was cut short on the science section. so read each section carefully but if there is a question you are really stumped on then move on and come back. you can mark the page or write the number down so you can go back if you have time. also, for the essay, write a plan out and then write the essay. i know planning takes time but it makes it for a more concise and organized essay, which will end up bringing you more points.

I think I did pretty well... Well except for science :/
Thanks for the tips! Looking up at the clock helped me with some time management! It was easier than I though it would be well minus science but thanks!

I think I did pretty well... Well except for science :/
Thanks for the tips! Looking up at the clock helped me with some time management! It was easier than I though it would be well minus science but thanks!

that's great. don't stress too much about the science. i ran out of time and had to randomly fill in about 6 of them. i still got a 28 on the science section and a 31 composite even though i was really unsure after i took the test. so i'm sure you did great!

that's great. don't stress too much about the science. i ran out of time and had to randomly fill in about 6 of them. i still got a 28 on the science section and a 31 composite even though i was really unsure after i took the test. so i'm sure you did great!
Oh wow thats awesome! :)

Hope you did well!:) My daughter had them this morning as well. And then she has the other one tomorrow? I never took ACTs, only SATs, so I'm not very familiar with ACTs.

How many of you took both SATs and ACT? I'm taking the SAT next week and am trying to decide whether or not to take the ACT as well

How many of you took both SATs and ACT? I'm taking the SAT next week and am trying to decide whether or not to take the ACT as well

i took them both. my score range was unbelievable. i did way better on the ACT. it's much more straightforward where as the SAT is trying to trick you. i recommend taking them both and comparing.

Most people I know take them both because most colleges will look at them both as well.

I am a very, very poor test taker and I have pretty intense test anxiety :( If I had to choose between the ACT/SAT I'd definitely say ACT-personally my scores were sustanitally higher. I don't really like the science section (where I scored lowest), but I definitely prefer the way the test is set up. Do not leave ANY section blank since you don't get punished for guessing :) I recommend using the same method when your guessing though..I did a pattern, but some people do all C's for example. I took SAT/ACT prep classes for over a year so PM me if you'd like anymore advice! haha Skim the questions through first then go back and read etc. It just makes a little easier because you already know what you're sorta looking for and you can just skip over the "fluff". Good luck!! :) Just do your best, that's all you can do!

Back