College Alabama All Girl Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can't read it grrrr

CHEERLEADING/BIG AL INFORMATION
Our cheerleading program consists of two squads with a minimum of: White Squad –All Girl squad (16-20) and Crimson squad (8 females and 11 males). We also have a minimum of 3 mascots ( Big AL ). The White Squad cheers for women’s basketball, gymnastics, volleyball, as well as, all home football games. The Crimson Squad cheers for all home and away football games and men’s basketball. Members of both squads are eligible for spots on our Nationals competitive squad.
TRYOUT INFORMATION
The try-outs for both squads will be held in May 2011. Candidates are evaluated at each clinic session and selected candidates will advance. A complete application, which is located on our web site, along with an official letter of acceptance from the Admissions office and a copy of a physician’s physical examination release dated within the past 12 months must be received by the Cheerleader Coach one week prior to the first clinic.
Squad members are awarded scholarship money towards their University tuition.
University of Alabama Spirit Squad Co-ed Tryout Information (Crimson)
Tryouts for the University of Alabama Crimson squad will be held May 12, 2011- May 14, 2011. Times are TBA. You must be present for all days of tryouts. (No tryouts via video tape.)
Check out the links for:
(TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS )
Coed Cheerleading
The Coed Cheerleading squad will consists of approximately 8 females and 11 males who cheer at all home and away football games, men’s basketball games and other athletic events, as assigned.
University of Alabama Spirit Squad All Girl Tryout Information (White)
Tryouts for the University of Alabama White squad will be held May 14, 2011- May 16, 2011. Times are TBA. You must be present for all days of tryouts. (No tryouts via video tape.)
Check out the links for:
(TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS )
All-Girl Cheerleading
The All-Girl Cheerleading squad will consists of approximately 16-20 females who cheer at all home football games, home women's basketball games, specified basketball tournaments, home volleyball matches, home gymnastics meets and other athletic events, as assigned.
Scholarship Information
Scholarship amounts for the 2011- 2012 season have not yet been determined.
Contact Informatio

I know at Clemson, the policy is members from both coed and all girl can tryout for the coed nationals teams. Maybe an all girl member for tumbling purposes or something? But I would love to see an Alabama AG team at nationals.

I know at Clemson, the policy is members from both coed and all girl can tryout for the coed nationals teams. Maybe an all girl member for tumbling purposes or something? But I would love to see an Alabama AG team at nationals.

That would be my guess as to it all.

Do you think it's fair for all-girl teams not to travel to away games with the football team? And only cheer for women's basketball, not men's. It seems like all-girl kind of gets the short end of the stick sometimes in college, covering the smaller games that everyone else probably doesn't want to cover. I am not saying this necessarily about Alabama, I don't know anyone in their program. Just speaking from personal experiences. Confusing to me because in allstar all-girl is huge.

All Girl has their first clinic on February 27th, and I can not wait to see the talent that shows up!

"The Coed Cheerleading squad will consists of approximately 8 females and 11 males who cheer at all home and away football games, men’s basketball games and other athletic events, as assigned."

Does this mean they won't have both Crimson and White Coed teams?

I wonder if it was getting hard to find guys for both?

"The Coed Cheerleading squad will consists of approximately 8 females and 11 males who cheer at all home and away football games, men’s basketball games and other athletic events, as assigned."

Does this mean they won't have both Crimson and White Coed teams?

I wonder if it was getting hard to find guys for both?

Sounds like they are making the White team all girl instead of having the two coed teams.

Do you think it's fair for all-girl teams not to travel to away games with the football team? And only cheer for women's basketball, not men's. It seems like all-girl kind of gets the short end of the stick sometimes in college, covering the smaller games that everyone else probably doesn't want to cover. I am not saying this necessarily about Alabama, I don't know anyone in their program. Just speaking from personal experiences. Confusing to me because in allstar all-girl is huge.

Alot of schools have two squads that do the samething

Alot of schools have two squads that do the samething

Oh I know it's the norm at schools. I cheer on the all-girl team at my college and cheer for women's basketball so I am aware. Just wondering what everyone else thought of it. Because it seems like many times girls come in and try out for coed simply so they can travel to away games and cheer for men's basketball instead of women. Kind of leaves all-girl teams at a disadvantage if they get whichever girls were not good enough to make coed. IMO it kind of makes it into a JV and Varsity thing.

Sorry, just thinking out loud I guess!
tongue.png

I also agree with you IloveSeniorElite ...I just got so excited when I saw this thread (I've started to consider Alabama along with Clemson and some other Southern schools) and was let down when I saw that all girl doesn't get to cheer at men's basketball games or away football games =/ . And it sort of sucks that the team that does get to travel only selects 8 girls :(

Back