All-Star All star cheer and/or school competitive squad.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2023
Hi all. This may be a topic that has been broached multiple times,however, I am unable to find any current threads.

Our current athlete started out on her school competive middle school squad after a brief time tumbling. She has proven to absolutely love the sport and to be pretty good at it. She continued on to a half year squad which we are currently on it now with an all star gym (the one that her competitive team used to train).

We would like to move forward in the All-Star arena because we believe that it is the best for skill acquisition.

However, she is considering continuing with her school Competitive squad in the fall also.

Does anyone have any valuable input regarding if it is really beneficial to stay active on both squads. I do think it will take a lot of time. I like the idea of her socializing with her peers in our school cluster. The All-Star gym that we may work with is different than our current All-Star gym, and she may have fewer peer relationships that live in close proximity.

If she sticks soley with All-Star, we plan to have her take occasional tumbling lessons on a mat to maintain those skills going forward.

So for those of you who have made this tough decision, did you all choose to stick with all star or work with your school competitive squads?

Hi all. This may be a topic that has been broached multiple times,however, I am unable to find any current threads.

Our current athlete started out on her school competive middle school squad after a brief time tumbling. She has proven to absolutely love the sport and to be pretty good at it. She continued on to a half year squad which we are currently on it now with an all star gym (the one that her competitive team used to train).

We would like to move forward in the All-Star arena because we believe that it is the best for skill acquisition.

However, she is considering continuing with her school Competitive squad in the fall also.

Does anyone have any valuable input regarding if it is really beneficial to stay active on both squads. I do think it will take a lot of time. I like the idea of her socializing with her peers in our school cluster. The All-Star gym that we may work with is different than our current All-Star gym, and she may have fewer peer relationships that live in close proximity.

If she sticks soley with All-Star, we plan to have her take occasional tumbling lessons on a mat to maintain those skills going forward.

So for those of you who have made this tough decision, did you all choose to stick with all star or work with your school competitive squads?
The rough part is coordinating practice and comps between the 2 teams…..some coaches won’t do that……especially if comp dates are the same. Daughter coached HS and did AS and one weekend was crazy with comps for both.

Back