All-Star All Star Gyms In Orlando Area???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2015
My company may be transferring me to the Orlando area and I was wondering if there are any recommended gyms in the area? If I go, I'll actually be located in Lake Mary. I'm not very familiar with the area so any pointers will be appreciated! It wouldn't be until this summer. She's a mini level 1 this year but we anticipate being mini level 2 for next season. She has her skills for level 2 now.

Thanks in advance!!

the only other one i know of other then Top Gun is Double Down Athletics located in oviedo.

edit: there is also Brandon allstars east in apopka.

Top Gun Orlando does not currently have a mini 2, they have mini 1 and a Y2. However, the teams may different next year.

There is also Legendary Athletics in Longwood, which is not far from Lake Mary. In addition, there are a number of smaller gyms in the area depending on how far you are willing to drive.

Top Gun will give you the largest range of teams for age and skill specificity.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any experience with any of these gyms? What are they like?

My cp is currently in her fourth season with Top Gun Orlando (2 as Orlando All stars and 2 as TG). I know families at several of the other gyms in the area and have seen them all at competitions. I would say each of the gyms offers slightly different advantages compared to each other. Right now, TG is the only gym with worlds teams and it is the largest gym with the greatest range of teams. TG also offers both large gym and small gyms teams. The small gym teams practice in the Winter Park location and have lower fees, more economical uniforms, and less travel. Other gyms may be closer, offer lower costs, a smaller atmosphere, etc. It really depends on what you are looking for in a gym for your daughter. I am happy to share what I know and answer questions.

@Lovemyoagirl, out of curiosity do you know if all the gyms operate independently for coaching and choreography or do Coaches Victor and Kristen have a hand in coaching and attending practices at all the locations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Cheer Dad, except for the Orlando and Winter Park locations, the other locations are at least a 4 hour drive from each other. Orlando and Winter Park do not share coaches, each location has their own and the Winter Park location only has 2 teams this season. I can only give my experience, but I can tell you that it appears each of the locations operates independently for coaching. I have never seen Victor or Kristen in the Orlando location for any purpose other than a 3 day tumbling clinic once a summer or a meeting. They do not coach any of the teams. Now, my daughter is not on a worlds team, and while I know Victor and Kristen do not coach any of the Orlando worlds teams, they may give them feedback, look at video, etc. I do know that after one competition last season in which all 3 locations attended, coaches from the Orlando and Miami gyms did have a meeting to review video of all teams. I do not know personally what happens at the Naples location, but it seems they also have an independent coaching staff. Regarding choreography, I do know that my daughter's team's choreography was done by a coach from the Miami location, as were another team or two. The remaining Orlando teams were choreographed in house or by other outside choreographers. And, again, I do now know how choreography works at the Naples gym, but I would imagine similarly. Overall, the various locations seem to operate mostly independently of each other with separate owners and coaches. Among the 3 large gym locations, there are multiple teams in the same division, which creates a "friendly competition" between the gyms.

@Cheer Dad, except for the Orlando and Winter Park locations, the other locations are at least a 4 hour drive from each other. Orlando and Winter Park do not share coaches, each location has their own and the Winter Park location only has 2 teams this season. I can only give my experience, but I can tell you that it appears each of the locations operates independently for coaching. I have never seen Victor or Kristen in the Orlando location for any purpose other than a 3 day tumbling clinic once a summer or a meeting. They do not coach any of the teams. Now, my daughter is not on a worlds team, and while I know Victor and Kristen do not coach any of the Orlando worlds teams, they may give them feedback, look at video, etc. I do know that after one competition last season in which all 3 locations attended, coaches from the Orlando and Miami gyms did have a meeting to review video of all teams. I do not know personally what happens at the Naples location, but it seems they also have an independent coaching staff. Regarding choreography, I do know that my daughter's team's choreography was done by a coach from the Miami location, as were another team or two. The remaining Orlando teams were choreographed in house or by other outside choreographers. And, again, I do now know how choreography works at the Naples gym, but I would imagine similarly. Overall, the various locations seem to operate mostly independently of each other with separate owners and coaches. Among the 3 large gym locations, there are multiple teams in the same division, which creates a "friendly competition" between the gyms.
Thanks. Guess I forgot how far apart those locations are. It definitely makes sense that there is no sharing of coaches and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back