Allstar Or High School???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which is better High School or Allstar Teams???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe there some really great school programs out there and there are some really great allstar programs out there...but if I had to choose one I would def have to go with ALL STAR!!! :)

My daughter does both...High School in the fall, All-star dosent get going until Fall comps are over :)

i mean to be honest neither one is better or worse its an opinion so it's difrent for everyone. I have done both and if you are more into supporting your school and being on the sidelines than hs is better. But if what you are more into is stunting and tumbling and competing at big competitions then allstar is better. it just depends on what you want to get out of cheer.

I coach both Allstar and High School, and did both... you get to have SO MUCH more fun with Allstar routines, and at allstar competitions... however, i still love my HS kids!

i do both and honestly, i think it's just your preference. In my opinion, i love all star cheer. Just because, i hate standing on side lines and chanting, i'd rather be competing. Also, i can do much more on my all star team then i can on my high school team. But i know some people who have done all star and hated it and went back to high school, because it was to intense.

Allstar. No doubt about it. I've never done school cheer; it just seems boring to me. But if thats what you like best, awesome! Just my opinion.

High school cheer you can be with your friends from school..plus competitons are just like all-star, less the smoke and lights, still competitive and fun

Both High School and Allstar are great, but in different ways. Allstar definitely gives a team more freedom with choreography and opportunity for expression. High School is a little bit more strict and uniform in the routine design. Many High School teams DO compete, so you can just say they are sideline cheerleaders. It is just a personal preference I think. One thing that you shoudl keep in mind is that High School Divisions are based on school size and they don't get to elect to be in different levels. Allstar competitions definitely give teams an advantage in that respect. With high school teams, if you come from a big school, you better hope you can find the talent IN your school and have a great enough coach to compete against the other schools in your region.

Back