All-Star Why do squads qualify for Nationals at NCA camp but don't qualify for Nationals at UCA camp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
With the exception of the UCA All-Star Nationals, high school and college squads don't qualify for either the UCA High School Nationals or the UCA College Nationals but teams that attend NCA camp qualify for all of the NCA Nationals (All-Star, High School and College). Instead, high school squads qualify for the UCA High School Nationals by finishing in the top spots at a UCA Regional Competition while college squads qualify for the UCA College Nationals by either finishing at last year's nationals or by submitting a video. Thoughts?

My assumption: To get the most participation/business from high schools and Universities/Colleges, they have designed their invitation process to work around 50 varying state laws for HS, and rules of hundreds of University/Colleges concerning camps, travel, and comps allowed to attend.

I don't recall All Star having to qualify for NCA.
For college, it's all about the paid bid. If you get it at NCA camp, it covers your entry fees and some expenses. Some athletic departments do not contribute to the trip, making the teams fundraise. Both NCA college teams my girl was on had to get a paid bid, got some money from the AD, and had to fundraise too. At one of the two schools the girls had to pay expenses for camp. The other school hosted the camp.

There is no qualifying for NCA or UCA All Star nationals, and no way to even do that (no camps or competitions). You just register and go.

Back