All-Star "allstar World Championship"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2017
I'm seeing local teams post that they have bids to this competition this year and are fundraising using the same sort of language normally used for Summit and Worlds. Is it really equivalent, or are they just trying to put a positive spin on not being able to travel enough to do a lot of the Summit bid competitions?

I'm seeing local teams post that they have bids to this competition this year and are fundraising using the same sort of language normally used for Summit and Worlds. Is it really equivalent, or are they just trying to put a positive spin on not being able to travel enough to do a lot of the Summit bid competitions?
This competition is part of The Open Championships, I don't know a whole lot of information but bids from these competitions are not from Varsity EP's but still follow USASF guidelines. More information could be found on the Open Championships website.
Home page - The Open Championships Series
Home - Allstar World Championship

The competition is at Universal, so it's definitely not cheaper than Summit. The main things I've seen is bids are given from IEPs who can't give bids to Summit, and mini and youth teams are also included.

The dates are right after Summit, and we have at least one team at our gym who has bids to both, although idk if they're going to both. It's the first year so it's yet to be seen how equivalent it really is.

Before varsity said it would honor last years summit bids, this comp was offering to let teams who had bids compete in their bid event. That was pretty attractive for people! Our gym is planning to take advantage of this. I'm not sure if we will in the end, just because I don't trust anything this year, but we are, in theory, going.

Back