All-Star Anyone Having Ankle/shin Splint Problems After Switching To Vengeance Shoe??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Labegg

Cheer Parent
Dec 1, 2011
Switching this post from a different Forum because I am interested in a wider sampling...

CP has always worn the nfinity evolution shoe...we switched to the new Vengeance shoe and CP is now complaining of what I would call shin splint pain/ankle pain.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem....don't know if its the shoe and maybe it doesn't give her the support she needs??

it might be it's footbed is just at a different angle than the evolution. if it's more flat or has a negative heel, it could temporarily cause some shin split/ankle pain. I would give it a few weeks (assuming it's not getting really bad or much worse) for her feet/legs to adapt.

I switched from soccer cleats to baseball cleats recently and developed the same problem. I didn't do anything about it and my shins were so bad I was limping for literally weeks during my field hockey season. I would suggest getting shoe inserts or looking at what type of feet she has and what would be the best support for her feet. Trust me when I say you do not want to deal with shin splints.

as for the pain take little dixie cups, cut the tops off, fill them with water freeze them and rub them up and down the shins. Ice works wonders.

hope I helped :)

LittleRazzi's knee/ankle problems existed before the Vengeance, but she can't wear her orthotics in them the way she could with her Evolutions and her ankles hurt after tumbling in them a lot. MiniRazzi had heel pain after a lot of tumbling with the Vengeance. I'm thinking since there's really no support or cushion whatsoever - let's face it, it's a glorified sock - it could exacerbate old conditions. I hesitate to blame the shoe as these problems are rarely the fault of the shoe, but the foot/leg inside it.

LittleRazzi's knee/ankle problems existed before the Vengeance, but she can't wear her orthotics in them the way she could with her Evolutions and her ankles hurt after tumbling in them a lot. MiniRazzi had heel pain after a lot of tumbling with the Vengeance. I'm thinking since there's really no support or cushion whatsoever - let's face it, it's a glorified sock - it could exacerbate old conditions. I hesitate to blame the shoe as these problems are rarely the fault of the shoe, but the foot/leg inside it.

I agree that its the foot inside the shoe and not the shoe per say. I was just trying to check to see if it was this particular shoe that was a bad choice or if it was bad technique on her part. I am pretty confident that this simply isn't the shoe for her!

So...I when I bought them back in January I thought I was being efficient and bought two pair of shoes one size 7 and one size 7.5 thinking she will grow into the 7.5. Guess I will be looking for a buyer for the extra pair!

Anyone looking for a size 7.5 Vengeance?

So...I when I bought them back in January I thought I was being efficient and bought two pair of shoes one size 7 and one size 7.5 thinking she will grow into the 7.5. Guess I will be looking for a buyer for the extra pair!

Anyone looking for a size 7.5 Vengeance?

That's what you get for being prepared...geez... ;)

For heels try heel cups. My cp uses them and they have made a world of difference. We did help fix her tumbling so she was landing and rebounding more on the balls of her feet so that has helped also. Heel cups can be bought on line.

For heels try heel cups. My cp uses them and they have made a world of difference. We did help fix her tumbling so she was landing and rebounding more on the balls of her feet so that has helped also. Heel cups can be bought on line.

Nearly did this, but thankfully, kinda, he lost his Veangeance and there was an old pair of Phoenix at the gym that he's been using until I can get him some others, and he loves them!

Just bought some heel cups and tried them last night...
She didn't care for the heel cup said it bunched up and was annoying for the little bit of improvement in the ankle pain. We will see how it goes!

Also bought (2) pair of Phoenix...should be arriving by the weekend.
Hopefully I won't be sending those back!

I'm really glad you guys have posted about this and I'm sorry it took me a while to find it. I think all of these posts are great and would like to offer some insight as well.

The Vengeance shoe was designed to be as light weight as possible and as close as you can get to tumbling barefoot while still having the required solid sole.

If your cheerleader loves tumbling barefoot or in socks there should be little transition to this shoe and we have had amazing feedback about it. Many people that only tumble in shoes at practice have had to take some time to adjust to them and have experienced some minor shin/foot pain.

Before Worlds I spoke with Cherokee Greendeer from Green Bay Elite. We had recently sponsored Lime with shoes and they wanted the Vengeance. A few days in she called me and told me that some of them were experiencing the issues above and I asked her if she would like to switch to Evolutions. She declined and called me back about a week later to inform me that all of the kids absolutely loved the shoes and now they are ordering the Vengeance for their entire travel program.

It does take a little while to get used to, but there is also room in the shoe for inserts, heel cups and ankle braces if your cheerleader needs them. I hope that this helps!!
:)

Back