College Shoes That Hold Up On The Court

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2015
So I was flipping through the all star forum because I'm thinking about switching shoes this season. However, all stars in on a spring floor which is very different from the surfaces we cheer on. My school only has basketball, so I was curious what kind of shoes other college teams wear. Tumbling on the court and deadmat can be such a pain, has anyone found a shoe that is lightweight AND has support for non-spring floor tumbling?

My freshman year we had Nike cheer shoes which the whole team thought they were awful. The past 2 season we've worn Nfinity Evolutions

We have done Nike for 2 years, not sure which kind it was. They held up but were heavy. Last year we did a varsity shoe, I think it was the touchdown and were very happy. Enough support on the court but still felt light. I was a big fan.

Tumbling on basketball court might be worst thing in the world.
I don't totally hate it. The court our women's team plays on is really nice. It's pretty soft for wood, I love tumbling on it. But our men play at a different arena and there's ice under the floor for the hockey team that plays there. Tumbling on there is awful (mainly back handsprings or running tumbling) so I just stick to tucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't totally hate it. The court our women's team plays on is really nice. It's pretty soft for wood, I love tumbling on it. But our men play at a different arena and there's ice under the floor for the hockey team that plays there. Tumbling on there is awful (mainly back handsprings or running tumbling) so I just stick to tucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing I ever throw is standing tucks, and even those hurt.

We do back handsprings for every foul shot the team makes in the first half. Some games we do 0, other games we have to do 20.

My dad is a coach at my school. He was sitting in the Varsity Club for a game and told all the higher ups and big donors I was rooting for the team to miss their shots because my wrists hurt and I don't like tumbling on the court. NOT something you're supposed to tell people, dad :cow:

Thank you for all your suggestions! I was thinking defiance but it's so damn expensive. Maybe I'll try to get the team (and our athletic department) on board with Varsity shoes this year

A lot of girls on our team want to get Nfinity this year. I am happy with our Varsity shoes but if our coach wants to try Nfinity are the Defiance the best ones? All the new girls that come from HS cheer have the thing nfinity ones that have holes in them and look super thin.

A lot of girls on our team want to get Nfinity this year. I am happy with our Varsity shoes but if our coach wants to try Nfinity are the Defiance the best ones? All the new girls that come from HS cheer have the thing nfinity ones that have holes in them and look super thin.

The Vengeance ones are meshy and kind of see through. They're very thin.
Nfinity Vengeance | Nfinity Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer

The Defiance have actual holes/cut-outs and are thicker (IMO)
Nfinity Defiance Cheer Shoes | Team Cheer

We had a transfer come in who had the mesh Nfinitys (Vengeance) from her old team. They were falling apart after a semester of wear, and I couldn't stand basing those shoes. She might just have wonky ankles that roll all over the place, but she was more stable after a teammate gave her an older pair of evolutions. Also, it felt like I was basing someone in socks which drove me bonkers, and I don't like to think I'm that picky.

Last edited:
Back