OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does this mean we're not letting 3 try? or that Simone and Gabby are already definites? As much as I want Laurie to have a shot, based on podium training performance, I'd choose Aly.
I considered it as Simone and Gabby were definates.

I thought Gabby looked good today. Better than Laurie, actually. Again, I don't fault their facial expressions or anything like that in practice. This is their first time on those apparatuses and the focus is getting a feel for them instead of performing. Even "human emoji" (or whatever they are calling her) Laurie was pretty blank during her routines today. I think people are just looking for stuff to be frustrated about with Gabby at this point.

Overall I was impressed but everyone today.

Do you think she looks that much better than Trials? Olympics ready? I thought floor was sloppy and her warm up on beam was off. When they showed it from the end of the beam I thought she was super right and going to fall off, and was shocked she saved it.

I will also say I've been watching Simone's snapchat all week, and she looks grumpy and sad. It's depressing to watch, and I honestly wish she wasn't there. Today just added to it for me, and I just can't get on board with her.

Her floor was better than trials. Her vault and bars looked good. I can't speak on beam because I wasn't looking up.

I'm going to defend Gabby to the end. She's a 20 year old young adult that's being milked to death by her family. She's not 16 any more. She doesn't have the same coaching relationship with her coach that the other girls have. If she wants to look solemn and focused, let her look solemn and focused. Gabby doesn't owe anyone a smile This isn't Marta's first rodeo. If she didn't want gabby there or didn't think Gabby could fulfill her duties then I don't have any doubt that Gabby would still be there

They're coming up now on the Bob Costas special and I saw footage of it on snapchat and she looked fine and engaging. She was on Simone's snap chat waving and smiling.

People need to just let the girl live. We all have our suspicions about what's going on behind the scenes with her. I wish her the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone looks happy and charismatic there. In the interview with Ryan Seacrest everyone looked happy and charismatic. Aly said that Simone and Gabby get together and giggle and have jokes or whatever. There appears to be no tension between Gabby and the 4 other girls. Maybe it's time to just accept that 2016 competition Gabby isn't the same as 2012 competition Gabby

Laurie Hernandez likely not in mix for gymastics all-around

Not sure what I make about the comment's from Laurie's coach. I know she's hopeful till the end since Laurie was her girl, so I guess I can't fault her. But I'm not so sure why the reporter in the video said everyone was so shocked by this. Most of us have been saying for a long time that it was going to be Simone, Gabby and Aly. I guess I just didn't realize the media was so convinced Laurie was a shoo-in for AA.

just my open opinion on things, i dont get why Aly would be put in the all around, yes she's good but her bars is weak, almost too weak to ever get her on the podium during the all around unless other athletes have major mistakes. and with it being for sure gabby and simone, i doubt aly will be able to overcome either of them score wise to get into the all around to begin with.
Im not saying Aly is bad, clearly she has been strong since 2012, but i hate the mantra of "well shes a veteran....."
i think score wise it would have been more interesting laurie, simone and gabby.

just my open opinion on things, i dont get why Aly would be put in the all around, yes she's good but her bars is weak, almost too weak to ever get her on the podium during the all around unless other athletes have major mistakes. and with it being for sure gabby and simone, i doubt aly will be able to overcome either of them score wise to get into the all around to begin with.
Im not saying Aly is bad, clearly she has been strong since 2012, but i hate the mantra of "well shes a veteran....."
i think score wise it would have been more interesting laurie, simone and gabby.
Honest question, did you watch her today? Her floor was great and vault was even better. Beam was solid. Looking at the relative lack of solid all arounders in this Olympic cycle, yes she does have a chance.

Will Gabby ever compete the Amanar?
No. She didn't have it at Trials so they said after that they were not going to push her for it in Rio.

Honest question, did you watch her today? Her floor was great and vault was even better. Beam was solid. Looking at the relative lack of solid all arounders in this Olympic cycle, yes she does have a chance.

No. She didn't have it at Trials so they said after that they were not going to push her for it in Rio.

That and the fact that Aly outscored Gabby at P&G and Trials. If Gabby has a worlds performance, Aly doesn't stand a chance

If Gabby performs well with no mistakes, it'll be neck and neck. Aly's advantage on floor and potentially on vault and beam (if Gabby doesn't hit) would probably outweigh her bars score

That said I'm rooting for Gabby anyway.

Oddly enough Aly vs Laurie or Laurie vs Gabby is more interesting to me than an Aly vs Gabby

She doesn't seem too pouty here :)

LOL that they just constantly talk over each other. And mostly about pizza and/or ice cream.

(It was a live stream so you might have to watch directly on FB)

oh i know aly is strong on floor, beam and vault. Which is why i only brought up her bars situation. Just thinking that if gabby were to hit all four events she would probably edge out aly simply cause of alys low bars score. granted anything could happen....

I think Gabby was focused in podium training today, which I expect. None of them emoted all that much. The thing that has stuck out to me is seeing her having fun with the girls. That's more like the Gabby we all want. Unfortunately for her, she knows what's on the line this time. This isn't the wide eyed little girl from 4 years ago. This is an adult doing her job. Good for her for finding the spark outside the gym. Maybe that makes her a better competitor when the games actually start.

It's amazing how much leotards have become like cheer uniforms. Hopefully they will stop at the bling and not get into the cutouts and mesh stomachs.
My live feed is awful. Is it just my crappy comcast internet or is anyone else having issues?

ETA: I didn't realize the top of the leos were mesh. For some reason it is blended better than on uniforms. Still not loving it though.
Mine is really choppy, too.
I read on tumblr that the connection is very stable through the Roku app? Just throwing it out there before the Games begin.

Gabby is still acting miserable. I wish they would just send her home and replace her with Ashton.

Gabby has also grown up quite a bit, she isn't the "kid" she used to be. I am not faulting her, hit her skills do all of her apparatus she is slotted for, win a gold. The only people who can truly comment on perceived attitude are the coaches and teammates. Her face of focus and maybe maturity is not something we can see. Don't judge a book by its cover.

In addition, Simone wasn't bouncing off the walls in podium training either, she was TRAINING and focusing.

Last edited:
Back