All-Star Atc International Championship 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I’ve read that a “international” team can also compete in the normal divisions (not sure what to call them) So one team with the same kids, at the same level can get a summit bid and a international bid.
After this weekends summit bid reveal I’ve seen a lot of PNW teams doing that.

The only thing I’ve read that might be a problem for these teams is the international divisions are at the summit and some of the teams with internationals bids usually go for D2 summit bids. You can’t complete at the summit and d2 summit this year
Are crossovers allowed between The Summit and D2 Summit? NEW This Season - -No athlete can compete at both The Summit and the D2 Summit in the same competitive season.

Are there any teams in our area that have both types of bids already? I haven't been following too closely other than I know that NV & Sonic (except y2) have bids for all their teams after this last weekend.

Is there info out there on how the international bids are distributed? Is it similar to the regular summit bids declaration?

Are there any teams in our area that have both types of bids already? I haven't been following too closely other than I know that NV & Sonic (except y2) have bids for all their teams after this last weekend.
I went Over the bid winner list and Nothing even in the entire NW or Idaho jump out at me as double dipping In the bids.

Is there info out there on how the international bids are distributed? Is it similar to the regular summit bids declaration?

I have not seen anything that is any type of bid declaration for the international bids from Varsity. It seems to be up to the individual EP?

NV L2 small JR team received a wild card 12/18 at ATC in Portland and now they have received a International J2 summit bid Monday. Also their L1 small Senior team also received a Wild Card 12/18 at ATC in Portland and now that team just received a International Sr 1 bid Monday. I'm sure their other teams that have International Bids are going for Wild Cards or other summit bids. Wouldn't surprise me if Sonic and NWSS, Elite Force etc are all doing the same thing.

NV L2 small JR team received a wild card 12/18 at ATC in Portland and now they have received a International J2 summit bid Monday. Also their L1 small Senior team also received a Wild Card 12/18 at ATC in Portland and now that team just received a International Sr 1 bid Monday. I'm sure their other teams that have International Bids are going for Wild Cards or other summit bids. Wouldn't surprise me if Sonic and NWSS, Elite Force etc are all doing the same thing.

interesting... I wonder how that will work logistically with competing as a Wild Card and possibly finals for the International division. And then possibly competing up to 2 more times. That would make for an exhausting (more mentally than anything) 4-day weekend.

I have not seen anything that is any type of bid declaration for the international bids from Varsity. It seems to be up to the individual EP?

I know several of the PNW teams who have received international bids got them from S2S. I guess S2S was given the "OK" to give international bids out to the higher scoring teams for the competition back in April. South didn't have a Jr4 team this year.. South received the international bid for their J4 team in November 11 , South had tryouts for this Jr4 team on November 19th. . NV teams ReCon and Blackout got their bid also on November 12th from S2S the same way as South. There is also a choreography group (Pure Technique Camps) that was giving bids outs if you used them for Choreography this year. I'm pretty sure that is how NWSS Level 4 Sr team (international Sr 4 bid) and Elite Force (Jr 3 and Sr 4 both Wild Card Bids) got their Bids. Kinda feel like we are watching Oprah lately... You get a bid, and you get a bid, EVERYONE GETS A BID

interesting... I wonder how that will work logistically with competing as a Wild Card and possibly finals for the International division. And then possibly competing up to 2 more times. That would make for an exhausting (more mentally than anything) 4-day weekend.
Well you would certainly get your moneys worth.

Do they have any All-Star teams going on Friday night? I know in the past because of high school championship a few of had to go the night before.

Do they have any All-Star teams going on Friday night? I know in the past because of high school championship a few of had to go the night before.

Currently - no, just the 2 international teams. I do see that some senior teams are listed out of division order as competing first thing in the morning on Saturday though. I imagine that will change though? Isn't state in Vancouver? ....that's like a 3 hour drive.

Currently - no, just the 2 international teams. I do see that some senior teams are listed out of division order as competing first thing in the morning on Saturday though. I imagine that will change though? Isn't state in Vancouver? ....that's like a 3 hour drive.
Yah Battle Ground High school so just under 3 hours.
That’s a long day if some kids are trying to do both!

That works for me. I take it the international teams only have to compete one time? It looks like they only go Friday night?

That works for me. I take it the international teams only have to compete one time? It looks like they only go Friday night?
Looks like all of them go once except for Rockstar's J2, they're competing all weekend. I'm surprised to see South in INTL, wonder if it was just easier since a lot of their athletes do HS cheer?
ETA: and Peak Athletic's J4, didn't see that one!

Last edited:
If I were playing Chase the Summit Bid, I’m looking for the least amount of competition. Rubies J4 have already been given an Intl bid, I’d guess it’s easier to have their 2 remaining eligible teams go to the division w/fewest teams to increase odds of getting a bid. I’m guessing Intl rules will change after this season, but for now, gyms are going to do whatever’s currently “legal” and whatever’s to their advantage.

That and the coaches need to be in Battle Ground!

Back