All-Star Athletic Championships, Providence 2017 -- 1/21-1/22

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For Grand Champions of Level 3 Elite All Stars VIPs. and Best dance for VIPs from Elite, also their senior 1 team got 1st Place and best dance also. There j2 got Best stunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So proud of CP team who got a bid to Worlds! First comp and can make plans early!

They exhibitioned a few teams in front of us in Worcester, they looked great, congrats! Are they still going to AC? I'm happy to see that they're now out of the running there haha.

They exhibitioned a few teams in front of us in Worcester, they looked great, congrats! Are they still going to AC? I'm happy to see that they're now out of the running there haha.

Yes we r [emoji1]. I think they r up for one of the FP there?

Question: Does anyone know how they were doing D2 champions? It seemed to me it was of a whole division regardless of whether the teams were large or small. I was just curious if anyone knew for sure if that was the case.

Question: Does anyone know how they were doing D2 champions? It seemed to me it was of a whole division regardless of whether the teams were large or small. I was just curious if anyone knew for sure if that was the case.

We were announced as a D2 champion in 2? divisions, but we do reg summit declarations. We r considered a small gym, number wise I think

We were announced as a D2 champion in 2? divisions, but we do reg summit declarations. We r considered a small gym, number wise I think

Oh sorry I didn't mean for summit bids...I was asking because our large Y1 won their division but a small Y1 was named D2 champion...I was curious if it was one D2 champion per division regardless of team size...congrats on your gyms wins :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oh sorry I didn't mean for summit bids...I was asking because our large Y1 won their division but a small Y1 was named D2 champion...I was curious if it was one D2 champion per division regardless of team size...congrats on your gyms wins :)

Same. One team did not win division but won D2? But we dont go for D2 bids......

Summit bids confuse me lol they are all diffrent on how they choose

so, I got a different view of this comp this weekend, from the medical side LOL. On Sunday morning, after I dropped my CP and her friend off at the meeting point, I decided to head outside for the first time in a couple of days and take a walk. I wasn't paying attention and was looking up at some of the architecture, and tripped over the cobblestones. I split my hand wide open on a jagged piece of stone and there was blood everywhere. I looked around for help and there was not a single person or car in view. I was completely alone. Panic set in and all I could think of was that I needed to get back to the Convention site and that paramedics would be there. Leaving a trail of blood behind me, I made my way back to the hall. The nurse took one look at me and whisked me way to her downstairs office. After examining the wound, she said that I needed to get to the hospital immediately. I asked to call a cab, but she insisted on an ambulance. I told her that I would only go if they called for a new one because I did not want to take the one that was onsite because it needed to be here for a "real" emergency. They agreed, and I got to chill out behind stage as two of my gym's level 5 teams performed. Not the view I was expecting to get, but at least I got to see them :)

Long story short and six stitches later...I missed my CP's first performance in 5 years, but I made it back in time for awards and to see her win with her second team. I was very thankful for the cheer moms and coaches who stepped up, as I literally deserted my 10-year-old kid and her teammate who was traveling with us at the Convention Hall. It was already a crazy weekend because the head coach missed the comp because she was 2 cm dilated and we thought that the baby might be making an early appearance!

<cute side story> if you saw kids taking pics with a Coach on a Stick, that was us! We knew she felt horrible missing the comp, so one of the moms took mounted her picture on a selfie stick so she could be with us all weekend.

<eta> The medical staff was wonderful and friendly. They kept me smiling and knew what they were doing. The fact that they understood my not wanting to take an ambulance away from the venue meant that they understood that the sport is dangerous and their priority was our children.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you were hurt and missed your CPs performance but and so happy to hear that everything ended on a positive note [emoji1]

Summit bids confuse me lol they are all diffrent on how they choose

Me too. I would think that criteria would be first place teams and then move to second place teams if those first place teams had bids.

Back