High School Awards Ceremony Ideas - Awards Needed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To avoid best this year we made two awards say beast instead. For example beast base and beast backspot.

Instead of MVP, do an MVP of every grade. Senior MVP, Junior MVP etc. Takes up more awards!

Others from our banquet (some may be repeats of what others have said):
Team Player, most likely to cheer in college, rookie of the year, most helpful veteran, most likely to be famous, fearless, dedicated, leadership

Diva of the year (not in the bad sense, but in the "I need more glitter on everything" sense)
takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' - we all have those accident prone athletes
outstanding contribution - to the athlete who devoted much of their time and effort off the mats

I went to two different high schools the first one had a cheer banquet at the end of year. The nice thing about it was that only seniors received awards. Less work for the coach and it gave all the underclassmen something to work towards. My second HS everyone received an award and about 90% of them were the really lame ones.

Diva of the year (not in the bad sense, but in the "I need more glitter on everything" sense)
takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' - we all have those accident prone athletes
outstanding contribution - to the athlete who devoted much of their time and effort off the mats
I'd try and keep the word 'diva' out of titles. awarding one girl as the biggest diva usually doesn't sit well with parents

on a related note, i'll be needing more glitter on everything from now on

I know I'm late to this, but just found my list, lol!
I made sure that everyone got an award for my team, some were funny, some were serious. The funny ones were not harmful, but got laughs! Sometimes more than one person go the same award too!
I never wanted to leave anyone out, and parts of me hate singling someone out when so many of mine are new cheerleaders, but I hope that it gives them incentive to work hard and earn that award for themselves next season!
Most Punctual
Biggest Leader
Most Spirited
Best Attitude
Most talkative
Most graceful
Superior motions
Best Sportsmanship
Best jumps
Most flexible
Best tumbler
Loudest cheerleader
Most improved
*Team comedian
*Most likely to have forgotten shoes/shorts/uni/bow/etc!
*Most likely to have her shoes untied
*Fact failure :D(there were lots! they need to tell me the WEIRDEST stuff! why polar bears have clear fur, why they don't wear socks, what they dreamt about last night, crap about harry Potter, what happened in school, etc)

COACH'S award-1 person each season gets this. All around most improved/hardest worker, most willing to do what I ask, no fear, no crying, no absences, etc usually goes to a future captain ;)

Back