Bad Cheer Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 5, 2014
At my gym we are required to wear certain shoes to comps. They are really bad to other shoes like Nfinitys etc. I want to get Nfinitys for practice but I just got new cheer shoes for comps and they are so tight (some kaepa kind) I can't break them In bc when I want to wear them to practice they are too tight. Not like the actual shoe, but for tumbling and flying. My mom wouldn't buy me good shoes bc I have these perfect looking white ones that haven't been worn. Do you think I should wear them to break them in for comps and get Nfinitys to practice throughout the year? Btw I had these shoes last year (different ones but the same kind) , my first year in all star (I didn't realize they were bad then) and they got so dirty, the laces are falling apart, they are gross. But I still wear them because they are so much more comfy than the new ones. Wow that was long lol

Honestly, I would practice in what you will compete in unless you have some kind of foot or ankle issue that prevents it. If the shoes you have are too tight, you need to get shoes that fit. If you mean they are stiff to tumble and stunt in, you need to break them in well before you compete in them. My CP is a young level 2 athlete and I know she would never compete in shoes that hadn't been at least broken in. She prefers to compete in the shoes she practices in.

Back