All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also think it depends on the child's age - what is considered "all in fun." mstealtoyou, regarding the Cheerbaby, I am sure that at her age didn't think that what she said was anything malicious to anyone. Back when my C/P was on youth and only Jrs it seemed that the "smack talk" was more along the lines of poking fun. Usually, it's toward competitiors whom they have a relationship via facebook or twitter. But, it seems that as the kids become older teens, they become bolder and their filter, less efficient. They're semi-adults, who are trying to assert their adulthood.
I cannot say that my CP has never said anything that anyone found questionable on FB or twitter. But, she's at the point where if it is brought to her attention, she will explain, apologize and remove the post without any prompting from me. I'm not too hard on her because she's a good kid, and I expect that she will "step in it" on occasion. That's part of growing up. Heck, I still do.

I 1000% AGREE!!!

There was nothing more heartwarming to me as a parent than watching awards for my cp's SR5 team at Battle. The Top Gun team hugging it out with my daughter onstage with sincere congratulations for her team's win. Top Gun was nothing BUT kind and supportive, as I have seen time and time again, before AND after performances - and awards. Last year TG cheered her team on with all of us parents and you'd better believe this year she was right beside the stage cheering them on! I love when competitors are like that. And she loves meeting friends from other gyms.

For doing well at Battle-----a surprise visit to the Rays gym on the way home. They were all wonderful and kind and happy to see her come for a visit. Vetoed her idea of a pink and red wall there, though :) She loved it and can't wait to hit the gym and work harder and hit better to get to visit other friend's gyms lol! Isn't that the way it should be?
P1100091.JPG

Such a sweet girl, I was lucky to get to work with her for a while!

cheers2u - Well I can tell you that I am a parent to two cheerleaders, a current judge of 11 years, a previous coach as well as a previous all star director. So I understand all aspects of this opinion. However, after being a cheer parent for 9 years and a judge for 11 years, I don't find it hard to explain these situations at all to my children or other people who question it. I simply say to my kids that you did all you could, sometimes things don't come out the way we want them. I tell my girls this is true not only in cheerleading, but in life. I tell them I understand disappointment, but on any given day, the results could have been different and you have to move on and learn from it.

I cannot tell you how tired the whole "they only won because of their name" or "we should have won because we hit" or "we had harder elements" or whatever complaints about not winning have become. If your routine hits the scoresheet best and you have the least amount of mistakes THAT weekend, chances are, you are going to win. I think my explanation to MB applies universally to just about every time someone says "we should have won. why didn't we win?" Chances are, your routine just wasn't as good on THAT scoresheet on THAT day. Hence, my beating a dead horse, head against a brick wall emoticons.

I think that people don't understand that being a judge or referee isn't some kind of lucrative profession. I referee youth and high school soccer, and I can tell you that it's not exactly something you can make a living doing. To me, people who judge or referee do it because they love the sport and want to be involved in it. I believe that the vast, vast majority of judges are dedicated to doing the best they can.

There certainly may be examples where nefarious things are going on and placements are manipulated, but that's the exception - not the rule.

I 1000% AGREE!!!

There was nothing more heartwarming to me as a parent than watching awards for my cp's SR5 team at Battle. The Top Gun team hugging it out with my daughter onstage with sincere congratulations for her team's win. Top Gun was nothing BUT kind and supportive, as I have seen time and time again, before AND after performances - and awards. Last year TG cheered her team on with all of us parents and you'd better believe this year she was right beside the stage cheering them on! I love when competitors are like that. And she loves meeting friends from other gyms.

For doing well at Battle-----a surprise visit to the Rays gym on the way home. They were all wonderful and kind and happy to see her come for a visit. Vetoed her idea of a pink and red wall there, though :) She loved it and can't wait to hit the gym and work harder and hit better to get to visit other friend's gyms lol! Isn't that the way it should be?
P1100091.JPG
And thats the only way we think it should be...Congrats again, your girls worked that stage out!

And thats the only way we think it should be...Congrats again, your girls worked that stage out!

You are so right....that is what healthy competition is about, and it CAN be between friends. You do a great job to foster that and it certainly leads other gyms to follow suit. Your teams applauding EVERYONE as they go into warmups is AMAZING to see and hear, even from down the hall. Thank your teams from all of us and they were fabulous on stage! BTW, my daughter certainly missed getting her pic again with you and her new yearly TG tshirt. hopefully soon :)

Im sure someone else already posted this but how fierce is it that Stingrays Orange outscored CE Senior Elite? That's impressive for a small team to do over a large :) way to crush
i don't feel that that would be that hard to do... I mean having 20 girls compared to 36? is a lot easier to be clean. Also, aren't they being judged on the same criteria just on a different scale? Idk if i'm making sense :p jmo

I feel like it depends on the competition, but for some rubrics it's a LOT easier for a small to outscore a large, and for others it's easier for large to outscore small..

And yes, while large gets the 'flash' points easier, small tends to get the 'clean' points easier.

Back