Before And After Stretches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Scorpion in Nov/Dec 2009:
2rdemw5.jpg

Scorpion in March 2011:
wjxgub.jpg

Working my Fiercekatz shirt :D
Big time gap, but pretty good improvement too :)

Oh wow! I look so different in the first one! I didn't realize how much I've changed since then.
2lmky6g.jpg

I'm adding on to mine, this is from early December! Finally straight :)

ETA: It's not on the other leg, the other 2 were on cameras and this one is from my laptop, which mirrors images.

Took forever to get back to this one. Here are a few videos- the first one (worst quality video) is probably their best performance. Dang. :) These are in order of newest to oldest.

I only watched the most recent one but it looked great!

I figured I would bring this back since it got old. Plus I had posted in here before my daughters stretches but I never posted her scorpion because she couldn't do it at all :/
Weird I know...

Anyways at the end of Feb she finally was able to grab her foot for a split second so in March she got it to where she could pull it...
Here it is
a6cd0848-570b-98f7.jpg

^^^ she was barely able to grab that On march 10, 2012

So here she is on April 14, 2012. This is the second week at her new gym
a6cd0848-57ca-f72c.jpg

^^^^ not much difference- I know :/

Well anyways we had tryouts the last 2 weeks of April. At this gym you fly during tryouts if you want to be a flyer then they tell you afterwards if your a flyer. If you are you must start going to stretch class and pay for it. So we found out last week and she started stretch class Saturday. She learned a lot and came home super motivated.
Well she had practice Tuesday and although tryouts are over some kids are still being moved and late comers are still being placed. My daughter flew youth 2 last year at the old gym an wants to do it again. Well she is so freakishly tall for her age she is the biggest flyer on her team. Well I think they were short a few kids because like 6 were missing so they had her basing the other night. She did not fly one time. She comes outside and gets upset she said I did nothing wrong and I didn't even get a chance they just told me to base. I said Jaylen if they have no one that can lift you and there are quite a few girls smaller then you.. They obviously can't base so you have to do what's right for the team. I said but don't get upset maybe he only needed you to base last night.. I'm sure you will still get your chance. So she was saying how one girls stretches were really good but the others aren't. I said look Jaylen if you have the best stretches on the team and you can hit they will find someone to put you up. They want there best girls up there so you don't have to be the smallest! So she said I'm going to get my straight leg scorpion so I can be the best. I said ok Jaylen you do that.
My child is not a kid who wants to stretch, exercise, or pull stretches at home. All she wants to do is tumble. She came home and worked for hours on pulling stretches... And she pulled this on May 9, 2012.
a6cd0848-5a02-bfb5.jpg

I honestly think she needed to see that she can be replaced and that motivated her. Wether she is replaced or not.. Which she will understand because she is bigger- I never seen her work so hard. She is determined to get it straight. So we shall see but it does show you... You can do anything.

Although I hate that her "feelings" were hurt but I think it was for the best!

So here she is on April 14, 2012. This is the second week at her new gym
a6cd0848-57ca-f72c.jpg

^^^^ not much difference- I know :/

a6cd0848-5a02-bfb5.jpg

I honestly think she needed to see that she can be replaced and that motivated her. Wether she is replaced or not.. Which she will understand because she is bigger- I never seen her work so hard. She is determined to get it straight. So we shall see but it does show you... You can do anything.

Although I hate that her "feelings" were hurt but I think it was for the best!

My eyes straight bugged out of my head. :eek::jawdrop:. amazing improvement!!!

My eyes straight bugged out of my head. :eek::jawdrop:. amazing improvement!!!

Lol mine too.. She was pulling it in the living room. I said omg Jaylen what did you do let me take a pic. She said no my poof is messed up??? Lol
I was like seriously Idc if you look at me or not I need a pic.
When I showed her she was so excited. I said Jaylen you can pull that every time there is no difference.
All she said was do you think I can fly now?

I didn't know what to tell her. Maybe she didn't get taken out of the air but so many things can change between now and competition time. Plus we heard they want all of our teams doing 2 mans. If that's the case then yes she definitely will be flying. We will see how much harder she works tho.

Lol mine too.. She was pulling it in the living room. I said omg Jaylen what did you do let me take a pic. She said no my poof is messed up??? Lol
I was like seriously Idc if you look at me or not I need a pic.
When I showed her she was so excited. I said Jaylen you can pull that every time there is no difference.
All she said was do you think I can fly now?

I didn't know what to tell her. Maybe she didn't get taken out of the air but so many things can change between now and competition time. Plus we heard they want all of our teams doing 2 mans. If that's the case then yes she definitely will be flying. We will see how much harder she works tho.
im so happy for her! Theres nothing like seeing improvement after working so hard.

im so happy for her! Theres nothing like seeing improvement after working so hard.

Thank you!:)
Honestly I think it's this gym. They have brought the best out of her in a month. Her tumbling is a million times better. So is her drive to work on things.. After tryouts they said her jumps were some of the worst. They aren't that much higher but her technique, makes them look so much better and that was something she worked on. So I really couldn't be any happier!!
Thanks again!

Back