College Best College Team From Each State

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is hard to even compare schools from NCA and UCA. UK and Louisville are both talented and it would be a toss up as to who would beat who because neither compete the same as the other. It is all about opinion as to who is better. A good way to see how they would work together would be to watch Team USA Coed from 09 when James and Jomo both coached and combined UK and Louisville style into 1 routine. I would actually never want to see them compete against each other just because I don't ever want to see either of them lose their traditional style that they have.

It is hard to even compare schools from NCA and UCA. UK and Louisville are both talented and it would be a toss up as to who would beat who because neither compete the same as the other. It is all about opinion as to who is better. A good way to see how they would work together would be to watch Team USA Coed from 09 when James and Jomo both coached and combined UK and Louisville style into 1 routine. I would actually never want to see them compete against each other just because I don't ever want to see either of them lose their traditional style that they have.

Don't forget about Morehead State as well. The Eagles have won numerous UCA championships as well.

^That's not true at all. Sure, HPU wins more. But look at the division UH is in at UCA. I would say that division is way harder to win in then any other large co-ed division at UCA or NCA, and UH consistently places pretty decently. Plus, although extremely unorthodox compared to the "norm", the style of stunting that Coach Baker teaches is not only one of the cleanest I've seen, their skills are also some of the most consistent.

UCA Div 1A: http://www.varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_1434/files/Division_IA_Cheer20341839216.pdf
vs.
NCA Div II: http://www.varsity.com/uploads/events/eventid_1361/files/Cheer_Division_II.pdf

Not to put down HPU - they're freaking awesome, and I have multiple friends from both schools and have much love for both.
I'm not here to put down UH at all, I actually enjoy much of what they do, they are always extremely creative and have solid stunt technique. But so do BOTH of the HPU teams (including dance). I don't look who you compete against, I look at the skills you have. Large going for 9 in a row and smalls had 5 in a row. I have much respect for Baker and what he has done, however taking anything away from HPU just bc their div is weak, not happening. (And yes I have a few rings that say HPU)

I probably know some of your old team mates :) I'm a HUGE UH fan, I'm just used to hearing how they never win and how they stunt stupidly. Hopefully I didn't offend you, I actually REALLY liked HPU's routine this year. I think I'm just a fan of Hawaii in general!

I probably know some of your old team mates :) I'm a HUGE UH fan, I'm just used to hearing how they never win and how they stunt stupidly. Hopefully I didn't offend you, I actually REALLY liked HPU's routine this year. I think I'm just a fan of Hawaii in general!
No offense taken for sure, just wanted to clarify. I'm a huge fan of the state as well!! HI is a small state and has 2 solid programs for sure!

Exactly! I 100 percent agree. Both are amazing teams and their different styles make it hard to compare but im glad because i like routing for both!

Alabama: University of Alabama
Alaska: NA
Arizona: NA
Arkansas: University of Central Arkansas
California: San Diego State University
Colorado: Colorado University
Connecticut: Southern Connecticut State University
Delaware: University of Delaware
District of Columbia: NA
Florida: University of Central Florida
Georgia: State University of West Georgia
Hawaii: HPU
Idaho: NA
Illinois: Illinois State University
Iowa: Iowa State University
Kansas: used to be WSU then Barton but now it KU
Kentucky: University of Louisville
Louisiana: Louisiana State University
Maine: University of Maine
Maryland: University of Maryland
Michigan: Michigan State University
Minnesota: University of Minnesota
Mississippi: Mississippi State University
Missouri: Lindenwood University
Montana: NA
Nebraska: NA
Nevada: NA
New Hampshire: NA
New Jersey: Rutgers University
New Mexico: NA
New York: Hofstra University
North Carolina: North Carolina State University
North Dakota: NA
Ohio: Ohio State University
Oklahoma: Oklahoma State University
Oregon: University of Oregon
Pennsylvania: Penn State University
Rhode Island: NA
South Carolina: South Carolina University
South Dakota: NA
Tennessee: University of Memphis
Texas: Navarro College, TVCC, SFA in that order
Utah: NA
Vermont: NA
Washington: NA
West Virginia: NA
Wisconsin: NA
Wyoming: NA

Alabama: University of Alabama
Alaska: NA
Arizona: NA
Arkansas: University of Central Arkansas
California: San Diego State University
Colorado: Colorado University
Connecticut: Southern Connecticut State University
Delaware: University of Delaware
District of Columbia: NA
Florida: University of Central Florida
Georgia: State University of West Georgia
Hawaii: HPU
Idaho: NA
Illinois: Illinois State University
Iowa: Iowa State University
Kansas: used to be WSU then Barton but now it KU
Kentucky: University of Louisville
Louisiana: Louisiana State University
Maine: University of Maine
Maryland: University of Maryland
Michigan: Michigan State University
Minnesota: University of Minnesota
Mississippi: Mississippi State University
Missouri: Lindenwood University
Montana: NA
Nebraska: NA
Nevada: NA
New Hampshire: NA
New Jersey: Rutgers University
New Mexico: NA
New York: Hofstra University
North Carolina: North Carolina State University
North Dakota: NA
Ohio: Ohio State University
Oklahoma: Oklahoma State University
Oregon: University of Oregon
Pennsylvania: Penn State University
Rhode Island: NA
South Carolina: South Carolina University
South Dakota: NA
Tennessee: University of Memphis
Texas: Navarro College, TVCC, SFA in that order
Utah: NA
Vermont: NA
Washington: NA
West Virginia: NA
Wisconsin: NA
Wyoming: NA

Going to have to disagree..... Texas Tech should be in there well before TVCC and probably at the top of the Texas list.

Rhode Island: Providence College. (I don't think any other RI teams compete.)
Is Elmira better than Hofstra? They've won D3 a few times. (NY)
UNH is a very good team. They came in second in All-Girl D1 I think.
BYU and Weber State compete from Utah

Best team from Indiana: Indiana University...now maybe my state can get added to the list.

Love their all girl since Tony started working with them. I think they are who I am most excited to see at nationals this year. Rooting for them to take home first.

Is Elmira better than Hofstra? They've won D3 a few times. (NY)
UNH is a very good team. They came in second in All-Girl D1 I think.

I would go with Elmira for sure and UNH has gotten much better over the years so I can only imagine how much better they will be this year.

agreed. honestly, this list needs alot of adjustments. IMO. you can't even compare NCA and UCA schools, its beyond apples and oranges, its like, apples and bacon.

I would go with Elmira for sure and UNH has gotten much better over the years so I can only imagine how much better they will be this year.

NH has some VERY good high school cheerleading (look up Pinkerton Academy) and that's only getting better too! I can't wait to see them this year.

We should have an NCA list and a UCA list.

Good idea.

UCA

University of Kentucky
University of Alabama
University of Central Florida
University of Memphis
Louisiana State University
University of Tennessee
University of Mississippi
Mississippi State University
Ohio State University
University of Minnesota