High School Blisters From New Shoes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 1, 2011
I recently got new cheer shoes that the team gave us, and they're giving me the awful blisters. I have to wear them all the time but they're just not breaking in well and they keep putting more friction on the blisters. I put bandaids on them but they don't stay well because they're in awkward spots. Any tips on breaking in your shoes so they don't hurt anymore?

I bend and twist my shoes. I normally do it while watching TV so I end up doing it for awhile and not even noticing. I also take a bunch of socks and shove them inside of them so they are really tightly in there to stretch out the toes. I only do all of this tho if I really need to.

Put strapping tape over the bandaids, holds them in place! Your poor feet :(

as much as you would like to preserve the shoes, honestly, the best way to break them in is to beat the crap out of them lol kinda like ballerinas do with their slippers (not quite to this extent though) i literally would beat mine against a door frame, twist them,turn them, bend them in half. and throw them on delicate in the dryer. :D

This may sound really crazy but it works. While you are breaking new shoes in so you don't blister wear two pair of socks. Put the first pair on and then rub a dry bar of soap all over your foot with the sock on and then but the second sock on. It will cut down on friction and your feet won't get blisters.

Back