All-Star Boycotting Varsity??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is "All Star Worlds" following the Varsity scoresheet? I'm assuming yes. Scores are all over the place this season- the same exact performance could score 97 one week and 94 or 95 another. It seems like the scoring at All Star Worlds is pretty conservative in general, but some of the divisions are being scored much more severely than others. 94 is a weaker score in some divisions and a great score in others. I'm not sure if this iteration of Varsity's scoresheet is the ideal one, they might need to continue tinkering with it.

Is "All Star Worlds" following the Varsity scoresheet? I'm assuming yes. Scores are all over the place this season- the same exact performance could score 97 one week and 94 or 95 another. It seems like the scoring at All Star Worlds is pretty conservative in general, but some of the divisions are being scored much more severely than others. 94 is a weaker score in some divisions and a great score in others. I'm not sure if this iteration of Varsity's scoresheet is the ideal one, they might need to continue tinkering with it.
I was curious about the scoring so I looked it up. Since I knew it wasn't a Varsity comp, I didn't think they would be using the Varsity scoresheet. But they are. The scoring rubric online is a copy/paste of the Varsity rubric, just with their own logo instead of Varsity's. I'm surprised they got away with that.

I was curious about the scoring so I looked it up. Since I knew it wasn't a Varsity comp, I didn't think they would be using the Varsity scoresheet. But they are. The scoring rubric online is a copy/paste of the Varsity rubric, just with their own logo instead of Varsity's. I'm surprised they got away with that.

What's interesting to me is ASW's is running a very large championship pretty much right out of the gate. Think about where the capital is coming from and what they own. In other words, are Coke and Pepsi really competitors if the majority of their shareholders are the same? The only thing Varsity and ASW truly own are their proprietary rights with their brand and their debt. ASW's logo, the scoresheet, comp dates on the same weekend slightly overlapping World's, 15-30 minutes down the road at another mega park, run by some of the same industry leaders...

Vanguard, Blackrock, State Street, and other funds hold the majority of shares in Corporate banking, Disney, Universal, hotels, airbnb, airlines, media, food, apparel, technology,... Boycotting sounds great in theory, but you can take away a lot of Varsity business and give it to ASW's, and ultimately support the same mega industries and entities that control them both.

Industries by Majority Investors

Back