Braces!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 24, 2011
Im not talking about the ones on your teeth but do any of you have to wear ankle braces, knee brace, ect.?

my cp has about 9 knee braces (from previous injuries) but she wears 2 know, and occasionally one for her ankle. the one for her knees are straps that keep her knee cap from moving too much. Its quite disgusting when she doesnt wear them

I have a donjoy ankle brace and I try not to wear it to not have to depend on it but I may have to wear a lighter ankle brace once I go back to doing open in the fall. I dunno how well my ankle is gonna take stunting haha

i wear a knee brace & a back brace for practice. actually, i need to get fitted for a shoulder brace as well (go figure, my name is cheerrehab)

I wear a knee brace occasionally and an ankle brace. I bought both at Walmart, so very inexpensive.
I have not had an ankle or knee injury, but it helps my ankle on tumbling (landing mostly) and helps my knee w/ stunting!

I have a Knee brace that covers mostly my whole left leg after i tore my menisucus and fractured stuff and chipped a bone very bad injury

I wear a knee brace occasionally and an ankle brace. I bought both at Walmart, so very inexpensive.
I have not had an ankle or knee injury, but it helps my ankle on tumbling (landing mostly) and helps my knee w/ stunting!
you shouldn't wear a brace if there is no pre-existing condition or injury

you shouldn't wear a brace if there is no pre-existing condition or injury
My coach sugguested i use them because;
My ankle is in pain after every tumbling
My knee will give out when basing
It really isn't an injury, but it really does prevent pain.

well then you should go get them assessed by a physio therapist or doctor. Wearing a brace for something that isn't injured or that has a condition can lead to an injury because the muscles get used to having help/support

well then you should go get them assessed by a physio therapist or doctor. Wearing a brace for something that isn't injured or that has a condition can lead to an injury because the muscles get used to having help/support
...Okay. My mom is an RN and she also thinks that i need to use one. But okay.

I'm also a nurse and I'm just telling you from experience. I've seen people wear a brace for no specific reason and it's bitten them in the behind because it weakens the muscles in that area. But no one is stopping you I'm just letting you know what could happen
...Okay. My mom is an RN and she also thinks that i need to use one. But okay.

I'm also a nurse and I'm just telling you from experience. I've seen people wear a brace for no specific reason and it's bitten them in the behind because it weakens the muscles in that area. But no one is stopping you I'm just letting you know what could happen
I understand. There are people on my team who do that. I don't wear it every single practice, but i do bring it with me, just in case we have to do an hour of tumbling.

I can't think of many cheerleaders out there who haven't had to brace or tape something at some point. Joys of being a competitive cheerleader.

i broke my ankle in 7th grade and i still have to wear an ankle brace when im tumbling alot. i have really bad skuliosis and some other problems with my back and i'm supposed to be wearing a huge, bulky back brace when i cheer but i prefer to just deal with the pain since it limits me to doing absolutely nothing.

Latest posts

Back