All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just saw Kiara's Facebook page she will be at Woodward West July 31- Aug 6th. Has anybody been to the Woodward West location before?

Just saw Kiara's Facebook page she will be at Woodward West July 31- Aug 6th. Has anybody been to the Woodward West location before?
dang I wish I could be there! one of the girls in my cabin stayed in the same cabin as kiara during tap week. I have been to Woodward west it was amazing <3

In the morning you have 2.5 hours of mandatory tumbling class. The rest of the day is up to you. Usually I had lunch right after my morning class. Then we would swim or go to arts and crafts or go karts, or just hang out in the cabin/on the porch/by the canteen. There are two more 2.5 hour open gyms throughout the day (one in the afternoon and one in the evening). So after your mandatory tumbling, you're free to do whatever you want for the rest of the day, but there are 7 hours total available to tumble every day.
So I only have to tumble 2.5 hours max a day? Hm I could deal with that.

I know I was told this once when I called sorry I forgot lol but what day is the theme day?

I am confused about this too and my CP is there now. I thought your cabin earned points all week and it was announced at the end of the week. Since it's nerd week, I sent my CP with 3 "nerd" outfits. Once shirt that says "Cheer Nerd", one that says "I (girl fliping) 4 Nerds" then a "school girl, plaid skirt with matching tie outfit. She also has movie 3-d glasses with the lenses taken out for her nerd glasses. Then I ordered her some of those fake teeth with braces but they were too big for her. I found some really cool nerd t-shirts online but most were not appropraite for an 8 year old or didn't come in her size. LOL.

I am confused about this too and my CP is there now. I thought your cabin earned points all week and it was announced at the end of the week. Since it's nerd week, I sent my CP with 3 "nerd" outfits. Once shirt that says "Cheer Nerd", one that says "I (girl fliping) 4 Nerds" then a "school girl, plaid skirt with matching tie outfit. She also has movie 3-d glasses with the lenses taken out for her nerd glasses. Then I ordered her some of those fake teeth with braces but they were too big for her. I found some really cool nerd t-shirts online but most were not appropraite for an 8 year old or didn't come in her size. LOL.
That's too cute! I wish I was there for that theme. I know you earn points throughout the week but one of the days is Theme day and then you earn extra points for how well your cabin reflects that theme. I'm not sure which day they announce all of the awards but I would think it would be the last day.

I know I was told this once when I called sorry I forgot lol but what day is the theme day?
i dont know if its different this year but last year every day had a theme. my weeks theme last year was games but like one of the days was allstar day where you wore a shirt from your favorite gym, then there was woodward day, tattoo day and goals day

i dont know if its different this year but last year every day had a theme. my weeks theme last year was games but like one of the days was allstar day where you wore a shirt from your favorite gym, then there was woodward day, tattoo day and goals day
Yeah this year idk if they have it everyday. They have the themes listed for the week but like theres not many different ways you can do some of the themes that they have listed.

this might be a bit cheeky, but do you think that they would mind if I ordered some stuff online and got it sent to Woodward for me when Im there, just because I live abroad, and the postage to get it sent over to me for the US is ridiculous, Im only talking a couple of sports tops or bows form GK or something like that, but do you think this would be okay?

Back by popular demand, the Woodward Cheer program has identified Week's #1-12 with their designated dress up themes. Campers can check out what week they are signed up for and bring materials to dress accordingly for their themed week. Groups with the most participation during dress up days during the week are eligible to win the exclusive Cheercademy Award!
Week #1: Super Heroes
Week #2: NFL Teams
Week #3: Nerds
Week #4: Hawaiian
Week #5: 80’s Aerobics
Week #6: Gangsta
Week #7: Pop Stars
Week #8: Harley Bikers (Tattoos, bandannas, etc.)
Week #9: Country
Week #10: Flower Power (Tye-dye, peace, etc.)
Week #11: Harry Potter
Week #12: Woodward Week (All Woodward gear, Black & Yellow)

this might be a bit cheeky, but do you think that they would mind if I ordered some stuff online and got it sent to Woodward for me when Im there, just because I live abroad, and the postage to get it sent over to me for the US is ridiculous, Im only talking a couple of sports tops or bows form GK or something like that, but do you think this would be okay?
I know they let the coaches receive items so I'm sure it might be ok. What week are you going?

weeks 10 11 and 12
Im JCing the last two weeks, so Im not a normal camper for them if that would make any difference?

Back