All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are planning to send Hailey for a week in June :).
Has she ever been before?? I know she is an ELITE tumbler... My daughter went last year and I went as staff so I could get a feel for the place. It's a really fun camp but if you are hoping for her to work new skills It may be a bit of a disappointment...I only found one instructor at the whole camp the week I went that was experienced enough to work on high level skills. There was only one instructor that would spot doubles. JMO.

Has she ever been before?? I know she is an ELITE tumbler... My daughter went last year and I went as staff so I could get a feel for the place. It's a really fun camp but if you are hoping for her to work new skills It may be a bit of a disappointment...I only found one instructor at the whole camp the week I went that was experienced enough to work on high level skills. There was only one instructor that would spot doubles. JMO.

Seriously?? Ugh that is disappointing to hear :( Has anyone else found that to be true??

when you take into account the salary they pay these kids to come and live out in the middle of no where it kind of makes sense... I'm sure some weeks may have better instructors than others but I would just be fore warned. They had a group from denmark that was there the past 2 years that train and teach but they really are not qualified coaches and the englishis sos so ... one dropped my daughter spotting a 3 to dub ... She asked for a spot and he agreed and then just stood there while she did it right to her back.... ouch!!!!!! They do have a great trainers room for injuries :)

Hi All! It's so great to hear how many of you had an amazing time at Woodward and how many of you still wish to go! This account is the official Woodward Cheer Camp on the Fierce Board. If you have any questions about camp, how to come as a camper, how to be staff, etc. please ask! You can also join our facebook page "Woodward Cheer Camp" for pictures and videos! Hope to see you all at Woodward this summer!

So glad to see this post, I will PM you! :) Thanks again for your post!

Woodward is AMAZING! I went last year for the first time and I am already signed up for this summer! It's so much fun you'll cry when you leave!

Seriously?? Ugh that is disappointing to hear :( Has anyone else found that to be true??
it also depends on what week you go because different instructors are there different weeks. i went week 7 last year & there were many coaches from gyms such as maryland twisters & girls at my gym who worked with them said that they felt that they were able to work on a lot of new things whereas girls at my gym who went another week said the opposite.

Back