High School Can You Please Help My Team With This Amazing Opportunity? :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 15, 2012
Hi everyone, my team the Kitsilano Blue Demons has been voted into the Top 7 Favourite Canadian High School Teams. The contest is run by Twist: Canada's Cheerleading Magazine and ends in 24 hours! We're currently in second 100 votes away from first! If you could please help us win, it would mean the world to my team and our school!

This is my senior year and last time ever being on this team. You all know how much your team means to you; they're your family. I was looking forward to this year so much because cheer is my life. In the last five years, my passion for this sport has evolved. Cheerleading is everything to me and I was honoured to have been chosen team captain for the past two years and to have earned the respect of my teammates. Our season started off strong by winning 1st place at our first competition. At an open practice one day my flyer stepped right onto my head. I shrugged it off as I usually would because we're taught to push through even though I felt really sick. When I came back two days later my flyer elbowed me in the on the exact same spot where she had stepped and a giant goose egg popped up. I went to the hospital where I was told that I had double concussion syndrome. Where my concussion is twice as bad as regular ones since I got hit right after the first hit. I was told that I couldn't go to school, no concentrating, no tv, no music, no mental or physical activity etc. I was devasted. I couldn't continue what I loved to do because I could die. Staying home while occasionally hearing about news from the team was torture. I missed it so much. My team, my coaches, my sport. It was all slipping away. When our season ending competition was in sight, I asked my doctor if it was possible to just dance at the end of the routine and stay squatted for the rest of the 2 and a half minutes. He said yes. That competition was the hardest thing ever to go through. I don't know how many tears we all shed knowing that we'd never be on the team again. Even though we got third it still felt great because I had such amazing time performing with my team. Now this is our last chance to be united as a team again. We would value this award so much and would forever appreciate this honour.

Could you please help out my team by liking the comment that says "Kitsilano Blue Demons" through this link?? All you have to do is go through the link and like the comment NOT the original post! Please don't add new comments because they do not count as votes. Thank you fierceboarders for all your help!

Facebook

Back