All-Star Cancel Cheersport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheercurl

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Dear Cheersport,

I don't suppose you would consider postponing your competition to a later date? Atlanta has a storm coming in Tuesday into Wednesday...my flight has been canceled for Thursday because the north east, particularly NJ, NY, PA area is getting slammed with snow on Wednesday into Thursday. _()*&)*&^(*&^@(&*%2785725986 MY LIFE.

Thank you for taking this absurd notion into consideration.

Your Friend, ~CheerCurl

There's talk of the gym being closed Thursday. That's not exactly what I want to hear the night I have practice and am supposed to be getting on a bus to Atlanta. :(

Not absurd question at all, we were wondering the same thing? Massive storm expected in our area and we plan to drive 10 hours, flights cancelled too. Gov. Deal has already declared state of emergency in Atlanta for the week, so concerned about getting into the city.

Has Cheersport ever had to cancel/postpone?

Not absurd question at all, we were wondering the same thing? Massive storm expected in our area and we plan to drive 10 hours, flights cancelled too. Gov. Deal has already declared state of emergency in Atlanta for the week, so concerned about getting into the city.

Has Cheersport ever had to cancel/postpone?
There were severe storms up north a few years back and Cheersport didn't cancel. I don't really see that being a possibility...that's a lot of people having to reschedule flights and hotel rooms.

There were severe storms up north a few years back and Cheersport didn't cancel. I don't really see that being a possibility...that's a lot of people having to reschedule flights and hotel rooms.
They will never cancel!!!! I think folks are really planning their routes or re-routes to get there: flights, buses, cars, trains, etc.... GOOD LUCK to all of the competitors having to travel, make changes etc, especially from the Northeastern and Midwestern States, and for that matter the Southeaster States as well... Cheers and Safe travels all!!!:fro:

This is not just a bad storm up North...this is Atlanta getting hit with snow and ice and we all know how that worked out the last time and the entire eastern seaboard getting slammed with snow!

This was Aol.com's headline: In a dire warning Tuesday, forecasters said a potentially "catastrophic" winter storm threatened to bring a thick layer of ice to Georgia and other parts of the South, causing widespread power outages that could leave people in the dark for days.

I doubt they will cancel. However there will probably be a lot of people who cannot attend or will be getting in quite late.

This will be a CHEERSPORT to remember. Hopefully in a good way for all. Stay safe and warm everyone!

i'm not attending, so this is hypothetical... but if, say, a NJ team has their flight cancelled for the snow and can't find a new flight and then get snowed in themselves making roads unsafe for cars and buses... would cheersport refund their money? i realize it is not their fault and am assuming they would not give a refund unless the actual competition was cancelled... but there are A LOT of seriously effected areas and teams that may not be able to get there.

We are travelling from the uk and our original flights have been cancelled. Delta have been amazing though and have given us different flights later tomorrow so hopefully we will get there!

Fingers crossed guys! We've been looking forward to this trip all year!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Safe travels to you all, and I hope you enjoy cheersport.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back