All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think people tend to forget that not eveyone will end their careers on L5.

Not every kid even aspires to a Worlds team.

Some kids will age out on Senior 3. And be totally okay with it.

They're probably not mad/salty about having old Senior Elite music because half of what people are saying here has never crossed their minds.
Lets be real, we all have jammed out and marked our own routine to at least ONE of Senior Elites mixes. Senior 3Lite is literally living out my high school days of marking out routines in my room, but in a much more cooler way and with a way cooler routine.

I'm pretty sure CheerSport Sharks did the same thing last year. The year after Great Whites won worlds, their Youth 5 used their music too. I'm sure those girls were over the moon with excitement to be able to compete with the same music and attitude as Great Whites did when they won worlds. :D

Lets be real, we all have jammed out and marked our own routine to at least ONE of Senior Elites mixes. Senior 3Lite is literally living out my high school days of marking out routines in my room, but in a much more cooler way and with a way cooler routine.

I'm pretty sure CheerSport Sharks did the same thing last year. The year after Great Whites won worlds, their Youth 5 used their music too. I'm sure those girls were over the moon with excitement to be able to compete with the same music and attitude as Great Whites did when they won worlds. :D
Marking it isn't the same as paying the $$$ for a full allstar team, though. Also, these are senior kids and there's a big difference between youth and seniors. It seems all of the girls are happy though, which is truly all that matters in the end. (and I love their uniforms also lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Not a CEA expert but I am a keen observer~

I'm almost positive that CEA Maryland is franchised and was announced as such.

Raleigh, Charlotte, and Kville are "mains" and were set up with level 5 training and teams in mind. They're like the home bases.

The rest are satellites.

Then there's Chicago.

qqa0lt.jpg

CSP just announced this on Twitter! Thoughts?
So beyond excited for CEA Memphis. I hate that CEA gyms receive so much hate. I love that they are able to expand the CEA brand.

So same day CEA announced Memphis Rockstar Cheer announces a new location in Charleston. Why no Rockstar thread?

Rockstar is a merger or an acquisition with PCX

Like what they did in Columbia

Or it might be a franchise...... Did we establish the difference yet

IMO

Gym Plant - Gym opens new location in completely new region as a stand alone operation. Typically staffed with people from the home gym to ensure the same processes, policies and programs are carried thru in a way that is consistent with the home gym.

Gym Merger - Two programs mutually come together to share athletes and resources. One gym always is the majority stake holder although that is rarely known to the outside world. The benefit in a merger is keeping as many clients on board during the transition period to make it worthwhile. Eventually one gym fades away into the background so to speak but it takes years. In some cases it never does and one gym may end up breaking the merger to go back on their own again.

Gym Acquisition - One gym basically takes completely over for the second gym, providing capital, staffing assistance, training, etc. Nothing remains of the old program is it is generally wiped away. This can sometimes be mutual and sometimes hostile.

Satellite Gym - Gym opens a location with a primary purpose of providing lower level training opportunities and to serve as a feeder gym for its home or main gym. The function is primarily feed the home gym with the best of the best. Also gives a gym a name in the community with the hope of one day being on a team at the home gym.

Franchise - Gym "sells" the right to use their name, logo, colors, to another gym. Very little is done in the way of day to day operations. Coaching staff remains essentially the same as it was prior to the franchising. Only change is the name. Big benefit to the franchising gym owner who is able to generate more income via rebates, a wider net for top level athletes, publicity, etc. Franchise gym benefits from instant name brand recognition, access to better and more expensive choreography, music, etc. In some of these cases the franchising gym may rarely if ever set foot in the gym they franchised.

Not a perfect definition mind you. Just a quick thought.

IMO

Gym Plant - Gym opens new location in completely new region as a stand alone operation. Typically staffed with people from the home gym to ensure the same processes, policies and programs are carried thru in a way that is consistent with the home gym.

Gym Merger - Two programs mutually come together to share athletes and resources. One gym always is the majority stake holder although that is rarely known to the outside world. The benefit in a merger is keeping as many clients on board during the transition period to make it worthwhile. Eventually one gym fades away into the background so to speak but it takes years. In some cases it never does and one gym may end up breaking the merger to go back on their own again.

Gym Acquisition - One gym basically takes completely over for the second gym, providing capital, staffing assistance, training, etc. Nothing remains of the old program is it is generally wiped away. This can sometimes be mutual and sometimes hostile.

Satellite Gym - Gym opens a location with a primary purpose of providing lower level training opportunities and to serve as a feeder gym for its home or main gym. The function is primarily feed the home gym with the best of the best. Also gives a gym a name in the community with the hope of one day being on a team at the home gym.

Franchise - Gym "sells" the right to use their name, logo, colors, to another gym. Very little is done in the way of day to day operations. Coaching staff remains essentially the same as it was prior to the franchising. Only change is the name. Big benefit to the franchising gym owner who is able to generate more income via rebates, a wider net for top level athletes, publicity, etc. Franchise gym benefits from instant name brand recognition, access to better and more expensive choreography, music, etc. In some of these cases the franchising gym may rarely if ever set foot in the gym they franchised.

Not a perfect definition mind you. Just a quick thought.
So what is CEA doing? Between the new Chicago and Memphis locations, as well as all the others, I can't imagine that CSP has the time to be running all the day to day business of every single gym.

So what is CEA doing? Between the new Chicago and Memphis locations, as well as all the others, I can't imagine that CSP has the time to be running all the day to day business of every single gym.

I can't say because honestly I have only spoken to CSP once in my life at a competition. She said good job coach and I said thank you. But from the outside looking in she has the Satellite model working in NC and the two locations you mention are Franchises. As a business plan it is brilliant. There is no real expectation of the franchise model to be the next Senior Elite, which is what frustrates her fans. That is JMO.

I can't say because honestly I have only spoken to CSP once in my life at a competition. She said good job coach and I said thank you. But from the outside looking in she has the Satellite model working in NC and the two locations you mention are Franchises. As a business plan it is brilliant. There is no real expectation of the franchise model to be the next Senior Elite, which is what frustrates her fans. That is JMO.
This made me laugh a bit, because I would totally remember CSP's words verbatim if she were to do me the honor of speaking to me in person XD.

Can someone briefly explain the difference between when gyms franchise, open a new branch, and open satellite locations? And maybe provide an example of a gym that has done so for each of them? I'm not that confident I truly understand the differences between all 3.

This is my understanding of it

Franchise: When one gym pays another for the right to use their logo, name, uniform, etc. Separate gyms, but they share the same name/brand. Similar to how a lot of fast food restaurants are franchised and not directly owned by main corporation.

New Branch: Similar to what CA and Cali have opened. All gyms have the same owner, share the same philosophy, and they try and run these gyms in the same manner of the original one. Personally, I think California Allstars is the best example of this and has been most successful at it. They have very successful Worlds teams out of almost every location. But Worlds teams isn't always the best indicator of success.

Satellite: Smaller gyms opened within a reasonable distance that mainly have levels 1-4 probably 5 too, but are kinda opened with the intent to send L5 athletes to the main location. I think CEA is the best example of this. Kernersville and Raleigh are the main locations and I think they have a lot of smaller locations nearby with some athletes that commute to be on SE/CE/SSX

That's just how I see it. I've never worked in the cheer industry though so I could always be wrong. I'm also not affiliated with any of these gyms so I don't want to speak to how they run things. Just my opinion based on what I've read/watched since I started following cheer

Back