All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm looking at CEA Charlotte and on their website it talks about how "If this is not your home gym...crossover to another location..." I thought you couldn't cross to different gyms at all? Or is that just for D2?

I'm looking at CEA Charlotte and on their website it talks about how "If this is not your home gym...crossover to another location..." I thought you couldn't cross to different gyms at all? Or is that just for D2?

There are no rules about crossing between gyms. I know of one CEA athlete who was on teams from two different locations (that were in different states!) last year.

There are no rules about crossing between gyms. I know of one CEA athlete who was on teams from two different locations (that were in different states!) last year.
I think in most cases this is true but if the gym operates under a different ID# you are not able to cross over.

I don't know why so many people trash talk about CEA. Like what. If you don't like it, don't join them. If you're not with them, it's not your problem who competes against who, or who has what routine and music. I also want to point out junior/senior 3lite are out of Raleigh, owned by Kelly, not CSP. If people at CEA woudn't be happy with what team/s they're placed on, they would not stay.. So we can all agree that what they do works, otherwise they would be out of business. I can think of a few other gyms with locations out of their original state, it's not just CEA, and they were not the first to go far either. Rant over.

Can someone briefly explain the difference between when gyms franchise, open a new branch, and open satellite locations? And maybe provide an example of a gym that has done so for each of them? I'm not that confident I truly understand the differences between all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be wrong but I will use examples in my mind:

Franchise Gyms:
Cheer Athletics
Franchise Locations: Austin - Charlotte - Frisco

Gym that have Branches:
World Cup
Branch Locations: Phoenix (PA) and Genesis (PA)

Satellite:
Cheer Extreme
Sanford, Salem, Hampton Roads, etc.?

I think in most cases this is true but if the gym operates under a different ID# you are not able to cross over.
I believe the rule (could be wrong) is that you can't compete for 2 different gyms at the same comp. So you could technically compete at 2 different gyms all season if you never go to the same competitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can someone briefly explain the difference between when gyms franchise, open a new branch, and open satellite locations? And maybe provide an example of a gym that has done so for each of them? I'm not that confident I truly understand the differences between all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea if the cheer world uses the terms the same way the business world does. I know of a gym that "franchised" their name only. The ownership was different, the gym ID numbers were different. AllStar A paid Allstar B a set amount each year to use the name, uniform styles, etc but operated as a separate business. If you competed for Allstars A you could not compete for Allstars B. You even needed to get a release if you left Allstars A and wanted to compete with Allstars B. I also know of a gym who uses the same name and you can compete with the same locations (so I assume the same gym ID), but they have totally separate ownership, so you have to pay to compete with or tumble at Allstar A and separately for Allstar B. Then there are gyms who use the same ownership but have multiple locations, and you either can compete with multiple location and only pay one fee or you can compete with multiple locations and pay separate fees for each location, or perhaps even can't compete with multiple locations even if it is the same ownership. I'm sure there are even more variations, but those are the ones that I am familiar with!

Could be wrong but I will use examples in my mind:

Franchise Gyms:
Cheer Athletics
Franchise Locations: Austin - Charlotte - Frisco

.?
Cheer Athletics are satellite locations, not franchises. They are all owned by the same people.

ETA: not sure if it's considered satellite or branches actually.

Last edited:
Cheer Athletics are satellite locations, not franchises. They are all owned by the same people.

ETA: not sure if it's considered satellite or branches actually.

This is true. All 4 CA locations have the exact same ownership structure. Each gym director has extensive control over their location and makes pretty much all of the day-to-day decisions, however the "home office" still technically has final say. (We have a ton of confidence in our gym directors and there is rarely disagreement about decisions.)

I believe that Cali and Stingrays have similar setups to us.

I believe CEA and ACE have "mixed" models where some gyms are fully owned by "home office", some are renting floor space from other businesses, and some are "franchises" that more or less rent the name/logo and have special arrangements for retail sales of practice wear/uniforms.

I have no direct knowledge of anyone's setups other than our own, however - those are just my guesses about the other programs.

There are legitimate reasons to choose each model and each has distinct advantages and disadvantage.

*anything (srry I'm in term paper writing mode)
ACE is franchised. Meaning the owner of Warriors' gym is not the owner of the majority of the other gyms. Yes, they have several small gyms that only offer lower level teams. They aren't looking to field worlds teams in every location as far as I know. They're trying to run the best business they can for /that area/ (you aren't going to have a level 5, much less a competitive one in rural Alabama; I mean, c'mon). Very rarely have they had to close a gym once they opened it. They have level 5s out of Jackson, Panama City Beach, Hattiesburg, Birmingham (obvi) and I want to say an all girl from another FL location but can't be for sure. Their small coed got second at Cheersport last year and a full paid bid to worlds. They've had summit champs, Cheersport champs and I'd be pretty confident in saying they've had UCA champs as well (not from the bham location; they have several locations in Fl). Several ACE teams will be attending Summit and Worlds this year. They compete against each other (and yes, satellite locations beat bham on occasion) but they also all go to camp together every summer and get along really well. It's all about who's putting the best out on the mat that day. But just because you only know one of the biggest names in cheer and not other teams doesn't really speak for their success...

Yes, but the same can be said about CEA when it comes to their lower level teams and the rest of the world teams. I was just pointing out that there is never a thread on the boards regarding every time ACE decide to open a new gym (I highly doubt is because people know that they are
franchised) like with CEA.

For the record I'm not bashing ACE.

Yes, but the same can be said about CEA when it comes to their lower level teams and the rest of the world teams. I was just pointing out that there is never a thread on the boards regarding every time ACE decide to open a new gym (I highly doubt is because people know that they are

Honestly I believe it's because and it has been stated on this board multiple times is that Cea exploit or document I should say their every move more than any other gym around. Not saying it's a bad thing but you have to expect some backlash.

If 3lete was a L5 Worlds Team, I'd give them side eye. But, as L3, the routine is cool; especially for those kids who may never make it to a L5 team at all (seniors, etc). For them to do a SE routine must feel great!

I think people tend to forget that not eveyone will end their careers on L5.

Not every kid even aspires to a Worlds team.

Some kids will age out on Senior 3. And be totally okay with it.

They're probably not mad/salty about having old Senior Elite music because half of what people are saying here has never crossed their minds.

Ohh, sorry for being unnecessarily defensive. I definitely read your post the wrong way. It's finals week where I am and I'm exhausted and prob shouldn't even be posting right now lol. (I almost got in a car accident today from being so out of it I wasn't paying attention. That's when I decided it was time to go home and get in bed!)
But you're right, people only ever seen to bring up CEA with something like this. They seem to have more "haters" than other gyms because their business practices tend to be a bit controversial. But Idk, I've never had a problem with CEA. The fact that they're about to have nearly every kid on multiple teams and they don't all burn out within a few years impresses me.

Back