All-Star Censorship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looks like someone's feelings got hurt. I understand that you want us to share our opinions but it's clear you're just looking for people to defend you. Admins are "admins" for a reason, if they want to delete any kind of post they should be able to, OR they wouldn't be...you'll never guess...admins! I've had my posts deleted before to....and what? I still made my bed that day had breakfast and had a great day :)

I have seen instances where there wasn't much point to deleting something, but I do agree with a lot of what they do. Way too many arguments have gone down about large senior (for example) that when one pops up, it needs to be monitored quickly and shut down quickly because it usually goes down a route it shouldn't, HOWEVER, that's not the case all the time, and I have seen places where admins have deleted something seemingly because they did not agree with it.

A girl on my cheerleading team saw something inappropriate on facebook and brought it to the boards to try and band everyone together to get it reported and taken down and she was new to the boards or something and wasnt aware that what she wrote would get her account banned but now she cant come on the boards anymore and she came to practice bawling because its plastered on the front of the board section and has like almost 3000 views about what she did. I never saw her post so I dont want what happened to affect me at all but if it was bad enough that she got banned I am sure it was for a decent reason but I dont agree with it being posted about what she did on the top of the all star section fair.. shes completely embarassed and it has literally affected her because the admin was so mean about it.. which I dont find fair because she is a child and what she did is up there for everyone to read. So yes.. I agree with the original poster.. sometimes I think it gets taken a bit too far.

A girl on my cheerleading team saw something inappropriate on facebook and brought it to the boards to try and band everyone together to get it reported and taken down and she was new to the boards or something and wasnt aware that what she wrote would get her account banned but now she cant come on the boards anymore and she came to practice bawling because its plastered on the front of the board section and has like almost 3000 views about what she did. I never saw her post so I dont want what happened to affect me at all but if it was bad enough that she got banned I am sure it was for a decent reason but I dont agree with it being posted about what she did on the top of the all star section fair.. shes completely embarassed and it has literally affected her because the admin was so mean about it.. which I dont find fair because she is a child and what she did is up there for everyone to read. So yes.. I agree with the original poster.. sometimes I think it gets taken a bit too far.

I know what topic you're eluding to, and I think the posting was inappropriate - but seeing how it was a "minor" as you're purporting posting it - perhaps public ridicule isn't the best policy.. I hope that she can learn from her mistakes though.

I know what topic you're eluding to, and I think the posting was inappropriate - but seeing how it was a "minor" as you're purporting posting it - perhaps public ridicule isn't the best policy.. I hope that she can learn from her mistakes though.
Which is exactly the point I am trying to get across so thank you very much for understanding. I have no clue what she said so I would sound stupid trying to justify that part of it ... but my issue is that its pinned at the top of the all star thread ... and that is REALLY embarassing :/ She understands what she wrote was something that the admins didnt like.. shes knows that she should have worded it way differently... but when I talked to her about it when it happened she said she didnt take back her motive and she knows it was in her best interest of the unnamed cheerleader.

I am PM'ing you.
Which is exactly the point I am trying to get across so thank you very much for understanding. I have no clue what she said so I would sound stupid trying to justify that part of it ... but my issue is that its pinned at the top of the all star thread ... and that is REALLY embarassing :/ She understands what she wrote was something that the admins didnt like.. shes knows that she should have worded it way differently... but when I talked to her about it when it happened she said she didnt take back her motive and she knows it was in her best interest of the unnamed cheerleader.

Things to me, that usually can get a post locked/deleted:
*Anything of an adult-centered, 'mature' inappropriate nature, particularly if it discusses minors (that was that post at the top).
*Pointing out specific minors by name, especially if it's a full name (which is probably why that flyer thread got deleted).
*Particularly inflammatory posts, especially during heated times. Wanting to keep the fire from being stoked, so to speak.
*Excessive cursing to belittle/mock/insult/start a troll war (come now, young grasshoppers, we have far more creative language than that! ;))

I'm not an admin, but generally those are the types of threads where I see stuff altered/removed/locked. There have been a couple of occasions where things have seemed a bit iffy to me (mostly when it has to deal with one gym or another), but for the most part I agree on the whole. During Worlds time, the last thing the few at-home mods want to deal with is an all-out war. People are already dealing with twitter backlash during that time, we don't need the boards adding to it. Maybe because the same gyms seem to get the most heat, it can feel like the admins pick and choose how they want to address things. It's easier to want to address things when they affect someone you know personally..not that that's a bad thing, it's just human nature. I have no complaints, maybe because I'm a little old grandmother and in my day, we had to walk 5 miles up a hill, in the snow and bitter cold, with no shoes and barely a candle to light the way if we wanted to post a message on the town notice board..

I agree
Things to me, that usually can get a post locked/deleted:
*Anything of an adult-centered, 'mature' inappropriate nature, particularly if it discusses minors (that was that post at the top).
*Pointing out specific minors by name, especially if it's a full name (which is probably why that flyer thread got deleted).
*Particularly inflammatory posts, especially during heated times. Wanting to keep the fire from being stoked, so to speak.
*Excessive cursing to belittle/mock/insult/start a troll war (come now, young grasshoppers, we have far more creative language than that! ;))

I'm not an admin, but generally those are the types of threads where I see stuff altered/removed/locked. There have been a couple of occasions where things have seemed a bit iffy to me (mostly when it has to deal with one gym or another), but for the most part I agree on the whole. During Worlds time, the last thing the few at-home mods want to deal with is an all-out war. People are already dealing with twitter backlash during that time, we don't need the boards adding to it. Maybe because the same gyms seem to get the most heat, it can feel like the admins pick and choose how they want to address things. It's easier to want to address things when they affect someone you know personally..not that that's a bad thing, it's just human nature. I have no complaints, maybe because I'm a little old grandmother and in my day, we had to walk 5 miles up a hill, in the snow and bitter cold, with no shoes and barely a candle to light the way if we wanted to post a message on the town notice board..
I agree and this was NONE of those...oh well.....I live another day...:) It is ok we dont all agree...it's just good to be grown up about it and do like I do....if ya can't stand someone's posts...ignore them....but trust me...we can't ignore Admins....so thats not great...:)

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't attempt to "override" a decision that another admin/moderator had made in my absence. It has nothing to do with bias or non-bias. Probably not a popular answer for this thread but I'll take my chances.
I didn't mean that anybody should be "overriding" decisions, or that anybody should pm another admin saying "Why doesn't msteal like me!?!?!?!?!" I know that in the past if I questioned a decision, I would pm an admin and asked them about it. They've always been able to answer my question respectfully. It's helped me understand decisions more clearly.

I am a moderator on another forum and can say that I have no issue with Admins/Mods here deleting posts that they believe should be deleted since I have had to do it before elsewhere. There are things here that I think should be deleted that are not but that is up to the admins and mods here to decide and I respect that. I understand why they delete posts that others may not find a problem with because like others have said it is taking care of it before it gets out of hand. Some people come here thinking that because they have freedom of speech that they can say whatever they choose, but that isnt' always the case and you have to follow rules, so if they believe it is something that shouldnt be posted they have the right to delete the post or entire thread.
Maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen any of the admins/mods be biased towards anyone when doing what they do.

The thread about the SE flyers was probably deleted because it would be giving out the full names of minors which there is no point in doing, they get enough attention as is.
The "crap" cheerleaders say thread I never read so I don't know about that one, but I assume that there was a reason it was gotten rid of.
As for the girl who got banned, if it is the thread that I am thinking of then it should have never been brought here to the board and I don't think it was left up to ridicule her but instead as an example of something that should NEVER be discussed here.

ztaprincess - what about a harmless post such as this one (my reply to you) if that got deleted - would it be normal business for your other forums? I'm just trying to figure out what harm a post like this could have - because this I think is the problem that was being raised for discussion.

I have no problem with threads / posts that become issues - but harmless posts (such as this one) what is the harm/threat?

That is a figurative question I wasn't looking for a reply. Just an example :)

Back