All-Star Challenge Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Hi everyone!

Looking for some new "challenge" skills or passes for my level 3/4/beginner 5 cheerleaders.

During their tumbling classes I give them a challenge pass to work on at a station on their own. It has been a fun way for them to work cool and different skills, while still learning and having a ton of fun competing against their friends to see who will get the skill first! In the past I have done things like round off toe touch punch front and hurdler toe pike standing tuck.

These girls have worked all sorts of skills from level threes pushing specialties to level fours Working whips, punch front step outs and toe handspring handspring layout to beginner level five twisting and jump tucks!

Looking for all and any help coming up with some new "challenges" for them to work on!

Arabians also for level 5. Whip fulls. Running full through to full. Onodi through to skill. Brandy/Barani through to skill. Front fulls. Tumbling passes with side aerials or front aerials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump - BHS step out - aerial

Jump - punch front (then add punch back tuck or BHS tuck)

BHS - back tuck - jump - back tuck

(Can you tell I like jump/tumble combinations, and I think they are probably the most underutilized in terms of routine creativity available in the coach's toolbox?)

Bounder-step out RO....

Front handspring Bounder step-out RO...

Front handspring punch front (then step-out RO...)

Punch front punch front

Running front layouts

(I'm a front tumbler and love seeing unique specialty passes that aren't just front walkover or front handspring step out)

We also had our level 3's working TT bounder and level 5's doing TT punch front this year. We only used a handful of them in our opening but it was fun for them to work on something different.

Thanks for the insight everyone! We have done front handspring punch fronts in the past, so I went with t- jump backhandspring step out aerial and had three girls who landed it! Definitely going to push front handspring punch front more though , because I agree that it is such an amazingly beautiful pass! When I mentioned it to my girls the first time last summer to give it a try, many of them looked at me like I had 6 heads! So awesome having them try new things. Keeps classes fresh and interesting!

Back