All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How hard is it to make a level 5 team if I'm a boy? What skills/ specialties will give me a chance at making?:)
Have you seen the guys at your gym that are already on L5? Not affiliated with CA but my 2 cents is learn to coed stunt like a beast, get a standing full, running dub, specialty thru to dub, know how to dance and jump, jumps to back, and then never stop trying to improve then you stand a chance of making a L5 team at CA.

The Fierce Board, where the NSA has nothing on the Mods

How hard is it to make a level 5 team if I'm a boy? What skills/ specialties will give me a chance at making?:)

It depends on the skills of others trying out, your age, your location, and many other factors.

Last edited:
Have you seen the guys at your gym that are already on L5? Not affiliated with CA but my 2 cents is learn to coed stunt like a beast, get a standing full, running dub, specialty thru to dub, know how to dance and jump, jumps to back, and then never stop trying to improve then you stand a chance of making a L5 team at CA.

Thank you
My gym doesn't have a lvl 5 because not enough people have the skills:(
But I'm going to keep working hard!

Thank you
My gym doesn't have a lvl 5 because not enough people have the skills:(
But I'm going to keep working hard!
You are not with CA? Just read in another thread you commented about carpooling and not going back to old gym. Assumed based on that and profile pic you were at CA.

You are not with CA? Just read in another thread you commented about carpooling and not going back to old gym. Assumed based on that and profile pic you were at CA.

No, I just really love CA.
But I plan on going to CA in Charlotte next year:)
Sorry for the confusion

how many alternates per team do you guys usually bring to worlds? And how do you decide who will be an alternate?
It is generally 1 or 2 per team, but the number varies. The decisions on alternates are case-by-case, but we generally put the athletes on the floor whose particular abilities give the team the best chance for success. Note: that doesn't necessarily mean the best 24, 30, 36 individual athletes. (Example: an NFL team's kicker may not be even remotely as strong, fast, or agile as the backup wide receiver, but his ability to kick field goals has a bigger impact on their winning chances.)

Last edited:
Back