All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will CA ever expand to other cities in the DFW area?

We have talked about adding smaller, "satellite" gyms many times and even looked into some buildings in various cities. Our MAIN goal in doing that would be to develop a stronger youth program at the new location and build up our class and dance programs. We would not likely want to move our main competitive teams there, at least initially.

We also do not want to impose on our friends and their gyms "turf." While we probably are not too high on other gyms' friend lists at the moment, we honestly do NOT want to harm other programs and "steal" their customers. We would MUCH rather attract completely new athletes to the sport. For many reasons, the most treasured, valuable athletes in the gym are our tiny and minis.

The best analogy of our view of local gyms is like we are all stores in a big mall. Yes, we want people in the mall to come visit our store and shop here, but the absolute LAST thing we want is for all the other stores in the mall to go out of business. That would be a disaster. The main thing we want is for more people to go into the mall.

Plus we are friends with and respect the vast majority of our competitors and we consider it to be in poor taste to directly target other programs' athletes. I'm sure that many people don't believe this, but we have a very strong policy against any of our staff recruiting any athlete that they know to be a part of someone else's gym. If those athletes contact us first, then we will discuss our program with them and welcome them, but we will NOT knowingly go after them first. I can't say that it has never happened, but we strongly discourage it.

Other businesses do not always share that philosophy, but that is up for them to decide what set of business/personal ethics they choose. I don't consider it "immoral" or even "unethical" for people to directly recruit other programs' kids, but we do think it is tacky and disrespectful.

I have a question about the uniforms. What is the price for a custom designed uniform like that. I'm really interested in the cost vs traditional uniforms.

Eventually, I think that that type uniform will be significantly cheaper to manufacture than traditional uniforms. I think the uniform companies are aware of that, but are in denial that this fact will eventually drive the prices WAY down. They will soon face stiff competition from other clothing manufacturers and be forced to drop their prices dramatically. The machines that produce that effect on the cloth are VERY expensive, however, so the companies are forced to drive up their prices to cover those costs - at least initially.

The time involved on the "front end" of the process, however, has been massive for us. Coming up with designs and the proper fit took months and hundreds of man-hours by Angela, our artists, and the Varsity folks. Varsity and our team rep Mandy Clem have been fantastic in working through the kinks in the process for us and we will continue to use them for the foreseeable future. The first year was MUCH more work than it will be going forward.

For now, though, the costs are comparable to "regular" uniforms.

Is there a chance that you will eventually push international 6 age girls 17 and up onto your level 6 team, and then between the senior age left place them on cheetahs as large coed, panthers large senior, and then another senior age worlds team? Possibly small
Coed or small senior? Having cheered at CA I know so much about the gym, but I also feel like I know nothing so I might have a couple questions lol??

Next question! Every year I cheered at CA when any CA team took the floor no matter what level or what team! I cheered my heart out for them before the took the mat and during the 2:30 seconds of their routine! My concern/question is why is there a lack of a fan base for the gym? The last couple of years at worlds I've watched the entire arena stand up and chat World Cup until the walls shook, or TG, or CEA and of course I was up cheering for them as well. As soon as a CA team is on deck or about to go its as if I'm alone in the stands except for other CA teams out there to support! Its not just CA though, I always Cheer my heart out for SOT for the most part alone, or Twist and Shout alone. What is it that people have against oklahoma/texas? Or do you think it's the fact that none of us really attend Cheersport, battle, jamfest, or any of those other comps? Just a couple thoughts/questions :)

Next question! Every year I cheered at CA when any CA team took the floor no matter what level or what team! I cheered my heart out for them before the took the mat and during the 2:30 seconds of their routine! My concern/question is why is there a lack of a fan base for the gym? The last couple of years at worlds I've watched the entire arena stand up and chat World Cup until the walls shook, or TG, or CEA and of course I was up cheering for them as well. As soon as a CA team is on deck or about to go its as if I'm alone in the stands except for other CA teams out there to support! Its not just CA though, I always Cheer my heart out for SOT for the most part alone, or Twist and Shout alone. What is it that people have against oklahoma/texas? Or do you think it's the fact that none of us really attend Cheersport, battle, jamfest, or any of those other comps? Just a couple thoughts/questions :)

Not to speak for BlueCat but the majority of the teams you mention only compete locally until Worlds so they aren't seen by many other people. More exposure = more fans.

Not to speak for BlueCat but the majority of the teams you mention only compete locally until Worlds so they aren't seen by many other people. More exposure = more fans.
LOL did you not see how I ended my post lol????? I specifically mentioned the lack of participating in other national comps!

I'm not BlueCat but I think I can answer this one pretty easy.....Fierceboard. The Fierceboard, to my understanding, is VERY east coast heavy as far as members and "fans". And the existence of this board and the ever-growing membership is giving those east coast teams a HUGE fan base that 4-5 years ago would have never existed. While the Texas/Oklahoma gyms/teams are just as strong, our fan base is just extremely small due to the lack of midwestern people joining the boards.

I'm not BlueCat but I think I can answer this one pretty easy.....Fierceboard. The Fierceboard, to my understanding, is VERY east coast heavy as far as members and "fans". And the existence of this board and the ever-growing membership is giving those east coast teams a HUGE fan base that 4-5 years ago would have never existed. While the Texas/Oklahoma gyms/teams are just as strong, our fan base is just extremely small due to the lack of midwestern people joining the boards.[/quote

Maybe I am asking a question to which I already know the answer! I guess I just wanted to bring it up because it thoroughly bugs me :( watching nobody cheering for my TX, OK, teams!

Well, Stingrays are East Coast....and I have always been amazed how LITTLE crowd support they get at Worlds. Big nationals, different story...but Worlds...it's almost like crickets. I will say, Spice got some love this year...but the other teams...not so much. I remember watching Orange last year, and literally, it was like crickets lol! I think it's just the way it goes sometimes! Shockingly though, it does not seem to affect CA's or Rays' performances....I mean, just look at the top 2 Worlds metal earners :)

Next question! Does CA still do team training for high schools! I remember the gym being crazy during high school nationals with all several teams like rockwall, sachse, colleyville, hebron, plano west... and some other used to all practice at the gym!

Well, Stingrays are East Coast....and I have always been amazed how LITTLE crowd support they get at Worlds. Big nationals, different story...but Worlds...it's almost like crickets. I will say, Spice got some love this year...but the other teams...not so much. I remember watching Orange last year, and literally, it was like crickets lol! I think it's just the way it goes sometimes! Shockingly though, it does not seem to affect CA's or Rays' performances....I mean, just look at the top 2 Worlds metal earners :)

Your exactly right I think sometimes it's just the way it goes! But sometimes don't you feel like it affects things? But your right! From Atlanta Georgia-The Stingray All Stars.....CRICKETS...From San Marcos California-California All Stars Senior Elite....EARTHQUAKE....From Garland TX-Cheer Athletics-Panthers.....CRICKETS......lol

Back