High School Cheer Big/Lil for a K-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2022
2nd year coach here. Big/Lil was something I wanted to implement last year but because there were so many changes it didn't work out and my MS became a part of the HS team and only participated in HS events.
This year I'm going to try hard to get it set I already have the reveal and dates set out before camp. I coach both the Middle School and High School since its one campus. Both teams work together extensively. My initial thought was to have HS (10-12) be bigs to MS and 9th grade but now that I'm really thinking about it I'm not sure if I want to put some seperation in them and really make the MS their own independent group.

If they make this team this upcoming year I will have 9 HS returning cheerleaders and 3 returning MS cheerleaders

Open to any thought!!

You'll do well with your middle schoolers mentoring your local elementary school cheerleaders--I used to coach 6th grade cheer (it's still considered elementary where I'm from) and had an 8th grade cheerleader as an assistant--she was awesome! She even brought some of her cheer friends to practices to work with my 6th graders, since it was the first cheer experience for my squad. You could also do the same for your high school/middle school teams, since your middle schoolers look up to your high school cheerleaders. It's a great lesson in leadership and gives your younger cheerleaders something to look forward to doing once they're older, too. HTH!

Back