Cheer Bow Material Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2014
Ok so I make cheer bows, and I know that grosgrain and spandex/ lyrica is used. I got a new bow yesterday and it has this smooth completely white fabric on it. I can't figure out what it is! Also some popular people like Bows By April use some high quality looking material and I can't find anything on the internet to help me.

It could possibly be just fabric cut into strips and stiffened with starch or something. Ive done that once or twice before but i dont know if anyone else does it.

Or if it is an autograph bow, it could be a fabric vinyl.

Ok so I make cheer bows, and I know that grosgrain and spandex/ lyrica is used. I got a new bow yesterday and it has this smooth completely white fabric on it. I can't figure out what it is! Also some popular people like Bows By April use some high quality looking material and I can't find anything on the internet to help me.
Can you post a picture of the bow? From the description it sounds like vinyl but I'd be able to say more definitely if I saw a picture.
As far as spandex/lycra material spandex house and spandex world are both good companies to use.

it may be satin? I've made some satin bows. Also there is permanent spray adhesive that works really well. I use it all the time but sometimes its difficult to work with. But if it is smooth and shiny like a fabric dry erase board feel than its fabric vinyl.

I make bows also and often use grosgrain as a base and heat-n-bond to iron on different material on top such as lace, sequin, etc.

Back