High School Cheer Camp Secret Sister!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2012
So next week my (freshman) team is having our cheer camp, we have each been assigned a secret sister, and I need some suggestions for a $5 gift, I don't really know much about her, except this is her first year cheering. Thanks in advance :)

Aww it's really easy actually! Do you want me to send you a really easy tutorial video? That's how I learned! :)

I would love that, but I'm worried it might not turn out, since it would be my first one, and then I wouldnt know what I do.. But please send it to me :)

I would love that, but I'm worried it might not turn out, since it would be my first one, and then I wouldnt know what I do.. But please send it to me :)

This is how I learned :) It does take some practice but I got the hang of it after like two practice bows!
-I used rubber bands instead of twisty ties just because I didn't have any at the time & I found it easier to adjust the bow before I glue on the hair tie. (But most people prefer the twisty to attach the hair tie because it's easier to glue on the middle piece alone)
Good luck! :D

You can do it! I'm OCD so I'm always picking out my mistakes, but by the second one I was happy! But if you'd rather just buy something, maybe stuff for her cheer bag? Like chapstick, lip gloss, hair ties, bobby pins, a little make up pouch.

I've also heard to use really thin wire instead of twistie ties, it just comes in like spirals haha.

You could do something fun like a candy bouquet? Those are always cheap and look like the girl gets a lot for $5.

All you need is a little box, put a foam block in it, then hot glue candy to wooden skewers and stick the skewers into the foam. Put that plastic colored wrapping material around to fill in the gaps and cover up the foam block. The materials might cost more like $10 but you'd definitely have extra materials to make another one. The box (from a dollar store) + cheap candy($3) + the foam block or Styrofoam($1) would be like $5 total. Example: http://www.blissfieldsweets.com/Candy_bouquets/popcorn_candy_bouquet.jpg

Also, anything personalized is always great for gifts. You could paint some wooden letters in the school colors or her first initial, and then attach a ribbon on the back so she could hang it in her room. Example: wooden letter custom nursery letter hand by TresChicNmodern (you could do any design you want...polka dots, stripes, etc. just use painting tape to mask. It's not difficult so even if you aren't artsy, it will turn out good! Just keep it simple....maybe your main school color and white for the accent. Wait for the main color to dry before painting with the white).

A few ideas that I've done or seen over the years, bc we always had a $5 gift per night and then a $15 one for the last day! It was a lot of gifts!

1. Nail polish and a little travel sized set (like clippers and nail file, etc)
2. Cheerleading magazine and a gatorade
3. Water and snack bar (or candy bar)
4. Hair bow
5. Stuffed animal
6. Hand painted picture frame for a camp picture
7. Cute pair of flip flops (there like $3 at old navy)
8. Travel lotion or spray from victorias secret or bath and body works

Back