High School Cheer Captain

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely emphasize your strengths. If you have super tight motions or a killer smile, work it. Also, having a bit of "flair" in your practice clothes (like a metallic sports bra, a braid or two in your ponytail, or a super nice bow) shows that you take pride in how you present yourself at practices and that you're dedicated enough to go the extra mile to look nice for the team.

Lead by example. Captains should demonstrate exactly what a coach looks for in an athlete. Don't chat during practice. Give 100% at all times. Take criticism with a smile and a "thank you." Cheer the loudest at all times.

All of these ideas are great for impressing your coach and getting the coveted captain spot - just be sure you keep it up if you get it! If you get captain this year and do a good job, it will always help with next year!

Ditto x100.
Most captains are picked because they're natural leaders or have constantly shown that their hard working, always on time, dependable, trustworthy, etc. A lot of it has to do with your natural personality so don't put on an act, people will be able to tell.

make sure you're not sucking up to get it though. I mean yeah, a little sucking up but if you make it totally obvious the girls will probably start to dislike you. I know I would. Just make sure you be yourself and not some fake happy-hyper-everyone-wants-to-kill- girl :)

Latest posts

Back