Cheer Extreme Raleigh?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by CEARAYS, Jun 4, 2013.

1. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    But then at the HS level, it reverts to a more traditional school year? For all high schools?

2. BigBow

BigBow There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    i used to go to a year round school and loved it! you always had a break to look forward to. i did it 3rd-5th grade and it was awesome because i stayed with my exact same class those 3 years. since it's just an on-going cycle of 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off, we just transitioned right from our last 9 weeks of one grade, 3 weeks off, first 9 weeks of the next grade. i loved it!

3. NCCheerMama

NCCheerMama Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes. The high school really has to stay traditional due to sports, some seniors having ability to graduate early. Some charter schools have a modified year round, and if they have a high school it might follow that schedule, but all the public high schools follow the traditional schedule. And in my county, we are the only one in the state that considers cheer a sport so we are bound by the same rules as other fall sports and cannot have tryouts till August

4. tumbleyoda

tumbleyoda Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I loved the year round school model. Wish I had it when I was young. It worked very well for all my daughters. The biggest challenge was whenever they were tracked out making sure one of the parents was around and available for them to keep them positively engaged.

5. mommadonna

mommadonna Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Glad to hear things are going well in your new gym!:cheering:

6. mommadonna

mommadonna Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    If you end up more in the Garner/Clayton area, there is a great smaller program up there. It is run by Premier Athletics. They are called Clayton Shockers. My niece cheers there, and she is thriving in a smaller gym environment. The Shockers also have a fierce competitive dance program with an amazing open team. Just a thought if you're looking for a smaller gym with the variety of an additional dance program.

7. hawkeye87

hawkeye87 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    ok i am a canadian girl through and through and have lived in multiple provinces and cities so forgive my ignorance so in the states different counties have different types of school years? thats so weird

8. NCCheerMama

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes, thank you! Very excited for this new chapter in our All-Star lives!

9. MomOf2ThatsMe

MomOf2ThatsMe Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Wake County is a fiasco... Different schools within the district are on different schedules. You have traditional Aug/Sept-June, and then you have year-round, which basically you go to school for 9 weeks, then get three weeks off. You have four cohorts of kids all staggered.. So, think of it as group A goes weeks 1-9, and are off for weeks 10-12, repeat. Group B is off for week 1-3, but go for 4-12, repeat. Group C is in school weeks 1-3, are off for 4-6, then go for six more weeks, repeat, and group D goes for weeks 1-6, off for 7-9, go for three weeks, repeat. My understanding is they use it in schools that are overcrowded, so at any given time 25% of the students enrolled at the school are on break, thus increasing capacity by 33% of the original capacity. Oh yeah, my understanding is there is no guarantee that multiple children from the same family will be on the same schedule either. And I have no idea what parents do with their kids for three random weeks , three times per year that aren't part of the traditional school calendar breaks.

10. cljacks99

cljacks99 Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CEA Raleigh is the deal!! They must do something right there because it looks like to me double fulls grow on trees around there. ;)

11. hawkeye87

hawkeye87 I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    That sounds like a complete nightmare

12. Tiffany2Infinite

Tiffany2Infinite I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    Kik:
    xsolegit
    Twitter:
    ohheyytiffany
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I tumble at CEA Raleigh on occasions it's great! I've lived in the Wake County area for 9 years now and I love it! The school system is so great! I was in traditional from 1st-3rd grade then I did year round from 4th-8th grade and I think both of the different systems have worked for me. Now I'm back on traditional and I love having my breaks, but I do miss being on Track 1 which had pretty much the whole December off!

13. sikwitit

sikwitit They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My CP went through wake county schools and now is a Sr. @ Enloe High School. She loves it and got a quality education, plus you get out of it what you put in. Wake county Schools has it problems but it is the best in the state. My Wife has been a teacher in wake county for 20 years now doing both year around and traditional, just what works best for you. CEA raleigh is great and there is Tri-Athletics and Elite Cheer and Dance. Go visit them all and pick the one that is best for you.

14. NCCheerMama

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It really is not. Yes, there have been issues, but the quality of teachers that we have had has been outstanding. The schools are safe, clean and offer lots of opportunities. I have kids on two schedules, and have had few problems.

15. NCCheerMama

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My brother graduated Enloe! (a very looooong time ago), I graduated Millbrook.